Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
k so.... trying to come up with a cheap solution. i bought quick fists, now i need a way to attach them to the rack.

i thought about conduit, using the vertical parts of the rack to attach seperate plates for each quick fist but that would be ugly and probably not so strong. for the stock roof rack people can find those tube clamps, but i cant find them for 1" tubing. suggestions?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
yeah i saw a thread with those listed. there has be be a cheaper way out there. i even looked into dune buggy mirror mounts and stuff with no such luck.

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
If you do a search, there's actually a lot of threads on here that have pretty good ideas for mounts. You gotta want it...

·
Registered
131 Posts
k so.... trying to come up with a cheap solution. i bought quick fists, now i need a way to attach them to the rack.

i thought about conduit, using the vertical parts of the rack to attach seperate plates for each quick fist but that would be ugly and probably not so strong. for the stock roof rack people can find those tube clamps, but i cant find them for 1" tubing. suggestions?
Get in touch with these guys, I got 1" aluminum tube clamps from them a few months back for my ARB rack. They carry several different sizes. Identical to the 1.75" style a lot of people have on the OEM rack, just smaller. Price was about the same too, 10 bucks or so a piece.

Allstar Performance - racing and high performance car parts, accessories and specialty tools.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
k i found a cheap way to do it...
i got the actual conduit clamps from work so they were free, but they cant cost more than 2 dollars at an electrical supply store. i use 1" conduit clamps (3/4 would be a bit more snug)

bought a foot of clear rubber 3/4" hose, cut it (for cushion so it wouldnt scuff my powder coat) and fastened it.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
they held up after going on a pretty harsh trail the other day. they arent slipping at all

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
np, im gonna take mine off and use bedliner to paint them up, then they will look identical to the rack

1 - 11 of 11 Posts