Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running BFG ATs in 285-70-17 on stock wheels and stock suspension? Work ok?

I am also considering Revo 2s in the same size...

Any thoughts on these two in this size?

I see BFG offers a 275-70-17 which would be a little smaller... Anyone running these?

Greg

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
I have the Revo 2's. They're a little cheaper than the BFG A/T's and from reviews are better in snow/slush/ice and at evacuating water. The BFG's will probably last longer though. I haven't experienced the noise of the BFG on an FJ but i'm pretty sure the Revo's are quieter. I'm happy with my decision.

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
The 285/70/17 should work. It is the perfect size for stock set up .. I run 275/70/16 .. They look good but not as the 285 would ... Go BFG all they way

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Been hearing good things about the Goodyear DuraTracs.

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
I am also using the Falken STz and others are using the Falken high country .. Really good and cheap

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just had the General Grabber AT2s put on last month and they seem to be doing great. Tread pattern is very similar to the BFG ATs. So far have had them on the road in dry, very wet and a foot of snow unplowed as well as plowed/icy roads and they have performed well in all conditions so far.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts