Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Strange question I know but a little help would be appreciated.

I’m trying to order some service parts on line and sadly my registration number is not recognised on most internet sites to automatically order the correct parts related to my car. As such I have to use the drop down menu for the FJ and was surprised how many variables there are on the menu.

For example:
4WD (GSJ15) 199/271 (2011-2014)
“ 193/262 (2010-2014)
“ 194/264 “ “
“ 200/272 (2010-2018)
“ 203/276 (2011-2018)

My question is which drop down should I chose? How do I establish which variable my car is? Does my VIN/chassis number relate to the above?

My car is Japanese RHD 4WD 5sp auto
May 2011
Frame No: GSJ15-0112367
Engine: 1GR-FE
Model: CBa-GSJ15W-GKASK-B

I hope my question makes sense and any suggestion would be very helpful.

· Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
View attachment 1152008

It looks like those numbers represent the engine power values in kW and PS ( or something like that )

also your frame number can be entered at megazip and it identifies a 2011 Brick and links to part numbers

Thanks for this, can I ask where you got this screen shot please? It appears if this screen shot is specifically for my car then that is the answer I need.

I have tried Megazip and although very helpful especially with part numbers the problem then arises when I try to order from a UK online company who list the part numbers but then throw it into question when there are variables with the list I produced above relating to the horsepower list above. An example of this is the auto gearbox filter, I input the part number and a long list of different manufacturers appears supplying the filter however if I use the drop down of variable models the list is much smaller and in fact some of them state they are not compatible even with the same part number. So confusing!

Vehicle Specification | Toyota Owners. Enter your VIN here. This might be a good place to start.

Sadly my VIN is not recognised!

Cheers

· Registered
9 Posts
Hi, my car is also a late 2011 and I recently ordered parts direct from Megazip, my VIN number is a few hundred on from yours (GSJ15-0112367) but there was no problem with supply. My local Toyota dealer couldn't identify the part numbers that I obtained from Megazip, but I wasn't totally surprised!! Megazip supplied the parts they identified based on the Vin number and they were fine despite there being various options on their web site.

· Registered
1,308 Posts
The image was from

Here's a pdf (in japanese).

(fwiw
I looked up the values for a different model
GSJ15L-GKASKV they were 194/264)

Attachments

· Admin
6,858 Posts
I use one of the various US parts suppliers or try

If you give those to a TGB dealer they will find them no problem but no they can’t be bothered to lookup parts for you. VIN look ups only work on country of sale sites since they use different configurations for each country so no a Japan car will not show on a USA site etc. There are virtually no parts that aren’t common to all markets though, there are some variations such as evap system, charcoal canister etc but I am fairly sure that engine and drivetrain parts are common throughout.

If all else fails ask Maarten Vershure at All-American imports in The Netherlands he knows more about Toyota than Toyota do!

· Premium Member
5,080 Posts
the headings on Chumley's linked document are a little vague:

Color Package = CBA-GSJ15W-GKASK-A
Black Package = CBA-GSJ15W-GKASK-C
Off Road Package = CBA-GSJ15W-GKASK-B
FJ Cruiser = CBA-GSJ15W-GKASK

They all show the same vehicle weight, so this does not include variations which were not available in Japan like 2WD, or Manual Transmission.
Three notes at the bottom say:
"245/60R20 tires +20x7J aluminum rims + 10kg"
"When X-REAS is installed +10kg" ("X-REAS" linked the dampers diagonally for cornering ride benefit)
"when side step is installed +10kg"

The rest of the notes are normal disclaimers about fuel economy and use of trademarked terms and stuff.

· Registered
7,599 Posts
Thanks for this, can I ask where you got this screen shot please? It appears if this screen shot is specifically for my car then that is the answer I need.

I have tried Megazip and although very helpful especially with part numbers the problem then arises when I try to order from a UK online company who list the part numbers but then throw it into question when there are variables with the list I produced above relating to the horsepower list above. An example of this is the auto gearbox filter, I input the part number and a long list of different manufacturers appears supplying the filter however if I use the drop down of variable models the list is much smaller and in fact some of them state they are not compatible even with the same part number. So confusing!

Sadly my VIN is not recognised!

Cheers
Does it look like it has the original hood on it?

· Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The image was from

Here's a pdf (in japanese).

(fwiw
I looked up the values for a different model
GSJ15L-GKASKV they were 194/264)

Thanks very much for that. Looking at the published figures it appears the codes relate to certain outputs of variable years of production. In theory then mine is the greatest of the values which now makes sense for a couple of reasons.

I have used the Megazip website with my VIN using it as a catalogue and cross referenced the “Correct” part numbers with the UK parts company that caused this confusion in the first place and the part numbers correlate using the 203/276 drop down menu.

Incidentally this company is called onlinecarparts.co.uk and having added a number of equal items to the basket of this and Megazip, onlinecarparts.co.uk are significantly cheaper!
Not sure of delivery or customer service yet but I’m hoping the further issues of customs and delivery maybe negated by using them.

Only time will tell so watch this space.

I’ve experimented looking at the same part for the US spec vehicle such as the oil strainer for the auto box and the part numbers are the same. Some obvious RHD & LHD part numbers are different so at least that’s accurate.

Does it look like it has the original hood on it?

I’m assuming you are asking this as the VIN in the US is on the hood (Bonnet!) As this is a Japanese model the VIN is on the door frame pillar.

· Premium Member
11,620 Posts
G'Day,
Based on your frame number ...this is what you have ... I'll send you a PM, with more detail ....

Market
Japan
Year
04/2011
Make
TOYOTA
Model
FJ CRUISER
Frame
GSJ15

Vehicle characteristics

DESTINATION:JPN:JAPAN
ENGINE:1GRFE:4000CC 24-VALVE DOHC EFI
TRANSMISSION:ATM:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION
GEAR SHIFT TYPE:5FC:ATM, 5-SPEED FLOOR SHIFT
COLOR CODE:2JX
TRIM CODE:FC11

· Admin
6,858 Posts
Onlinecarparts.co.uk is not a UK company but is a German company and your parts will be delivered from Germany

· Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Onlinecarparts.co.uk is not a UK company but is a German company and your parts will be delivered from Germany

I made a schoolboy mistake of ordering some service parts and then researching the company to establish this and look at their shocking reviews!!

As I’m not desperate for the parts I will give it some time and if they are like their reviews with dire delivery times I will cancel the order.

· Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Those delays may not be their fault with all the port hold ups etc.

My service parts arrived today, it was like Christmas!!

Although it took a few weeks I’m very happy that I have saved a little bit of money & have everything ready for the next service. (Apart from fluids, I need to research what type& amount to get for the gearbox & diff)

I think in the future it maybe useful to list companies for various components and other such items for the FJ that deliver to the UK for ease of usage especially for new members or prospective UK buyers.

· Registered
27 Posts
My service parts arrived today, it was like Christmas!!

Although it took a few weeks I’m very happy that I have saved a little bit of money & have everything ready for the next service. (Apart from fluids, I need to research what type& amount to get for the gearbox & diff)

I think in the future it maybe useful to list companies for various components and other such items for the FJ that deliver to the UK for ease of usage especially for new members or prospective UK buyers.

View attachment 1153501
Good Evening Hotfuzz

I have been reading your parts journey with some interest. I welcome the idea you proposed about having a list of companies for various components. Procuring parts is the next activity I have to contend with, and I currently am in the learning phase on what the various websites offer and how they work. Confusing is an understatement.

if needs be i am happy to offer some time to collate details into an excel spreadsheet.

· Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Good Evening Hotfuzz

I have been reading your parts journey with some interest. I welcome the idea you proposed about having a list of companies for various components. Procuring parts is the next activity I have to contend with, and I currently am in the learning phase on what the various websites offer and how they work. Confusing is an understatement.

if needs be i am happy to offer some time to collate details into an excel spreadsheet.

To be fair I’ve kept things simple for parts & service items

1: service items mostly from https://onlinecarparts.co.uk/

2: FJ specific parts & some service parts: megazip

3: All oil: Millers

I’m sure all UK & European owners would agree to purchase what you need well in advance

1 - 20 of 20 Posts