Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a new TT and was wondering if anyone knows if the Auxiliary lamps are easy to steal. It looks like they can be removed with a wrench. Does anyone know if they sell locks for them? I had an old Land Rover with Piaa lights and I remember putting locks on all of them.

·
Banned
2,984 Posts
If someone wants something bad enough, they can get it. Why worry yourself over something like this? Besides, the cost of a set of these lights is less than $90 at Walmart (they are Hella 500 lights). The PIAAs are a lot more than that.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Even if you do put a lock on the lamps, if they want it that bad they can still cut a hole in the plastic bumper around the lamps and get them.:bandit:

·
Registered
417 Posts
Kc Lites Make A Lock Part #7221 Providing The Bolt Is The Same Diameter

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
You could put them behind the grill for extra protection and that stealth look. :)

I thought about putting locks on my ARB ones. Only thing is you need at least a deep socket to get one and a good wrench to get the other. If someone is coming to my vehicle with tools to steal something, they have thought about it. There is not a ton you can do to prevent a thief that comes prepared. You could electrify the casing so that he get shocked, that is about it though.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know if someone wants anything bad enough they will get it but I don't want to make it easy. The only risk my car will have is when I park it on the street during the day. Most criminals won't want to waste more than a minute at that time so if the lights don't come off quickly with a wrench they will leave them.

If someone wants something bad enough, they can get it. Why worry yourself over something like this? Besides, the cost of a set of these lights is less than $90 at Walmart (they are Hella 500 lights). The PIAAs are a lot more than that.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I totally understand your concern but here is the thing. a majority of mods can just be taken off. even if you lock on the lights, the bumper is not hard to cut, a simple box cutter will slice it to pieces. Also your sliders can be unbolted easily, along with your bling plate and roof rack. In the end Dave is totally right (and he would know, hes Judge Dread... I mean a cop) if they want it, they takin it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts