Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Fellas,

So, I just bought a 2010 FJ cruiser (sun fusion). I love the TT edition or the TRD's but the reason I bought the regular is because I just love the Sun Fusion color and it only comes as a regular. But the one I bought from the dealership came with upgrade TRD rims and all terrain tires. So if i buy the set of floor mats, cargo mats, black mirrors, and black bumper, I will basically have a TT edition?? or I need something else?? Also, does anybody know where can I get all these items besides the dealership?.

I just love the color even though some people think is the ugliest. lmao :cheers:

Thanks,

BTW i want my fj cruiser to look something like this:

/Users/gbonilla01/Desktop/166611_524398945105_195400933_30644113_2842127_n.jpg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
And VIN number

·
fka RockWeasel
226 Posts
The main difference with a TT/TRD is that you get to enjoy replacing all of the TT/TRD parts with aftermarket equipment anyway, after which you kick yourself in the ass for ever getting one in the first place.

Especially when Toyota almost immediately releases a stock white FJ anyway, further making the purchase pointless.

I'm just speaking in the theoretical here...I wouldn't know anything about that...:flame:

Enjoy your sun fusion. I wouldn't sweat it. It's no coincidence that most of the best FJ's aren't actually a TT/TRD.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wireguy thats very true... Is pointless to pay for a TT/TRD edition if you are actually trying to put aftermarket parts.. such as, bumper, tires, rims, suspension.

Theres nothing like customizing your fj the way you wanted.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Check out Lane's thread about his bumblebee! Ya'll could be twins.
Thanks bro.. I just looked at his pics.. thats exactly what i want to do!! you save me some time in photoshop painting my own pictures to see how it was going to looks like. lmao :cowfrown:

·
Premium Member
3,394 Posts
Just buy the sticker, The Honda Civic guys say it makes the cars faster or Furious something like that. LOL

Make it your own has always been my goal. Can't wait to see pics of yours when its done great plans

·
Registered
28 Posts
The TT / TRD SPECIAL EDITONS are nice but I have to agree with WIREGUY because whats the the point of paying the extra money for a limited model and then paying more money to upgrade with better than factory parts anyway ! I learned my lesson with the jeep rubicon unlimited Sahara special edition . So i paid to much for it because it was ( supposed) to be the best factory off road vehicle available plus I just had to have the rarest model . Well 1 year later and about 6 grand in goodies it still wasn't cutting the mustard so I sold it and bought a 2010 fj with most of the goodies available and the fun part is picking and choosing what goodies make your ride a special to you edition .

·
Registered
677 Posts
It all depends on what you pay for the SE versions! I paid only $900 more than a C package here in Canada! Was it worth it for others who paid a premium,you'll have to ask them!

I still have the sliders,stereo,rims,floor mats,shift knobs, cyclone pre cleaner and bfg At tyres!

Any of the options I've taken off can be resold to cut down on cost of the newer mods I plan,but I'm OK with that and that's the beauty of these trucks! They can be made into a vehicle that suits yours needs and desires! Only how deep your pockets are will dictate that!

Would I do it again, you bet:rocker:

Just my .02:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts