Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TT owners:

I'm about to purchase one and wanted to know if you guys have noted any problems similar or different from the other models (paint chipping, leaks, etc.). Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
The TT edition has meteorite resistant paint and a windshield that is formulated from an impact absorbing silicone material.

My only concern is that the rear skid plate will alter the airflow under the vehicle creating lift if you get over 150 MPH.....be careful on the autobahn.....

This post was an attempt at humor, any similarity to a regular post is purely coincidental, no animals were harmed in theis post, see dealer for details

The TT owner should look forward to all the same quirky "problems" that the regular FJ owners enjoy, it's a different color and some different accessories (not a redesign) :)

·
Registered
499 Posts
only problem i had was that if you get the tow hitch accessory it's a silver color instead of flat black, i've heard that they already corrected this.

also it doesn't come with a passenger seat armest, but all fj's don't i hear, and just so your not wondering in advance, to turn on the aux lamps up front, hit the button then they go on with the high beams, get a good price! post some pics!

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
Haven't had any problems yet.

·
Premium Member
2,477 Posts
An Fj is an FJ is an FJ. and then there is the Raptor and Tiarra

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Are you sure that the trailer hitch cover is now black?

only problem i had was that if you get the tow hitch accessory it's a silver color instead of flat black, i've heard that they already corrected this.

also it doesn't come with a passenger seat armest, but all fj's don't i hear, and just so your not wondering in advance, to turn on the aux lamps up front, hit the button then they go on with the high beams, get a good price! post some pics!

·
Registered
449 Posts
no problems here
I've only gone 800miles in 2 months, and its garaged.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've had my TT since February, and the main problem is that I want to spend too much time/money wheelin' and modding it.

Go get one, you'll love it.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I haven't had any problems with mine. Ive had it since feb too.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Just got mine a week ago, no problems so far.

If you are worried about rock chips, get clear bra put on the car... you can even get the whole car wrapped

Here is my car getting clear bra'd

Here is another customers car after getting completely wrapped!!!

Getting the clear bra is gonna be the closest thing to making the front end invincible to meteorites...

·
Premium Member
2,736 Posts
Had mine since Friday (5/23/08). Have only burned a half a tank of gas so far! Too early to know about problems yet. Love it except for that "gas mileage" thing.

·
Banned
752 Posts
HOW MUCH FOR THE CLEAR BRA? LOOKING TO GET MY DONE TOO...

Just got mine a week ago, no problems so far.

If you are worried about rock chips, get clear bra put on the car... you can even get the whole car wrapped

Here is my car getting clear bra'd

Here is another customers car after getting completely wrapped!!!

Getting the clear bra is gonna be the closest thing to making the front end invincible to meteorites...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Have over 1000 miles and no issues. Took it on a 500 mile road trip the day I bought it.

Only thing I've noticed is that the FJ likes to sway in the wind on the motorway - not a big deal though.

·
Registered
492 Posts
HOW MUCH FOR THE CLEAR BRA? LOOKING TO GET MY DONE TOO...
If you want a quote, contact Scott at the website below.
Advance AUTO Engineering

I can't really say how much I got it for because this is the 3rd car I had done with him & I have referred lots of people to him from the BMW forums as well... so he gave me a lower price than usual. But it was a package price for the hood, fenders, around the grill, headlights, A pillars, front of roof, yellowed my fogs, and tinted the front windows to match the rears.

If you want to DIY you can also buy kits off of ebay... but your mileage may vary with how well that turns out.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had a bad case of steering vibration due to out of round tires or rims. Had it Dynamically balanced three times until the Dealer swapped all four out with new TT rims and tires and it is now running great!

No other problems....love it!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts