Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been lurking in this forum for about two years. Finally had the funds to take the plunge. Picked her up about a week ago. Took her for her maiden voyage off road Sunday. What a kick.

Already put in PIAA Extreme Whites. Thinking of swapping out the stock sliders for some Trail Gear sliders. I like the look of the stock sliders, but they can't be used as a step for reaching the roof. Can anyone who has the Trail Gear sliders tell me how well they prevent against door dings (in parking lots)?

Next decision is whether to attach Yakima bars to the stock rack, or go for the Gobi Stealth. Gobi looks awesome, but it does have some drawbacks -cost, heavy, steel is prone to rust, and makes washing/waxing the roof a bugger.

Attachments

·
Trail Snail
3,246 Posts
Congrats on you brand new beautiful toy SLOTRKR :clap:.

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Congrats on the FJ! Looks like the mod bug is nipping at your heels.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum. :)

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
Congrats and welcome

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Congrats on your TT!:bigthumb::wave:

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
congrats on the TT you will love it i still love mine as much as i did the day i brought her home.

Cheers:cheers:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
DANG!!! Less than two weeks old and I just took a rock to the windshield. Glass repair guy is coming out tomorrow to try to save it. :mecry:

·
Premium Member
2,477 Posts
Congrats,,
Putting a Yakima on top of the stock rack is kind of sketchy because the cross beams are flimsy and the bikes rock and it is a tight fit to get two bikes up there. I scored a hitch mount that is smoking for $125. Get the Gobi.
Don't ever stop modding!!!

FJ-Cruise my brotha!!

"To miles and Miles of Smiles" :cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,477 Posts
DANG!!! Less than two weeks old and I just took a rock to the windshield. Glass repair guy is coming out tomorrow to try to save it. :mecry:
Good luck with that. I have three repairs myself.. kinda goes with the territory.:boohoo:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Glass man came out to work and fixed it up nice. Whew! You can still see it, but I'm very happy not to have to replace the windshield....yet.

·
Premium Member
17,099 Posts
Congrats and welcome aboard!

·
Registered
449 Posts
I like the look of the stock sliders, but they can't be used as a step for reaching the roof.
Congrats on your TT!

I'm thinking about using aluminum blocks and longer bolts on mine.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts