Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The staff is getting ready for our run out to Johnson Valley. Home to the Hammers trails, and MUCH more.

Who’s coming?
This area is known for its extreme rock crawling, but there are tons of other trails to enjoy for those that are not out to tear their vehicle apart! We are looking forward to having you out there in your bone stock PreRunner, to your rock buggy. Bring out your Long travel rig, or your Tacoma/4runner/FJ cruiser!

We have trails for everyone, Easy, medium, hard and extreme.
Easy will be lead by a friend of mine who isn't on TTORA or FJCForums but knows the area and has a 2wd race truck that he's bringing. Don't let that discourage you though, you don't need a race truck to run with him, there will be others out there in LT rigs, Medium travel IFS and stock suspension!
Medium will be lead by All Pro Offroad (Thanks again Sarah and Jon!) and they will be taking people up Fisher Mtn. 4x4 is required. Armor, good tires etc would help a ton!
Hard will be Claw Hammer, and if brazin enough, Jack Hammer.
Extreme... welll Sledge hammer, outer limites, wreaking ball, backdoor... the list goes on.

We already have a decent amount of people that have said they are coming! From a friends full on race truck to rock buggies and everything else. All Pro Offroad is leading the Medium run. (THANKS GUYS!) Demello Offroad has said they might be able to get away from the welders and grinders for the weekend as well as other sponsors of TTORA SoCal.

This is a dry camping area, so you need to bring everything with you! Gas, water, trash bags, etc! There are no designated campgrounds or sties. No toilets for miles! I will be out there a day or two early as long as I have another rig out there with me...

We are camping out on Meads Dry Lake on the east side. From the IE it takes roughly 1.5 hours to get there. Meads Dry Lake is off Boone Road GPS Coordinates for Meads Dry Lake: 34.412944° -116.510944.

The staff is working hard to have a surprise for those of you that come out!

So...

Post up, Come on out and enjoy wheelin!

Johnson Valley Run March 28-30 - TTORA Forum

Todd... Come show me what that beast can do! :) How many times did you tell me you would come to a TTORA SoCal event? Here's your chance! You don't have to crawl it, run with the LT/Prerunner guys. Hoe to see you there bud!

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Interested, but will have to check to see how schedule goes. It's a month away.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
i might be interested too but depending on work who knows? when it gets closer i will know, sounds like a whole lotta fun

·
Registered
189 Posts
Count me in for Saturday with Dustpark. Looking forward to it.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great! See everyone out there!

Someone needs to get Todd to come!

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Put this in the Socal section and see if more will bite.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Put this in the Socal section and see if more will bite.
Cross posted..
I have this event posted on so many different forms (AZ, NM, NV, NorCal, SoCal , Desert section of, TTORA) and also on here. Its hard to remember everything.

Its turning out to be a nice size event, vehicles from all styles!

Thanks for the suggestion.
See you out there!!

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Got it. I posted on the calender as well. I hope to make it out there.

·
Registered
224 Posts
It sounds very interesting and fun!!! I would definitely like to go, but I will have to wait a couple weeks before I can say for sure....going to Glamis 2 weeks before.....

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
March 28-30th in JV. It's perfect! The weather is great, the days are longer and Fissure Mtn is a awesome trail for the FJC. Anyone wanting a great experience should join in on this fun. You should have your FJC built modestly for the trail, 3 inch lift, skid plates and at least 33 inch tires.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
March 28-30th in JV. It's perfect! The weather is great, the days are longer and Fissure Mtn is a awesome trail for the FJC. Anyone wanting a great experience should join in on this fun. You should have your FJC built modestly for the trail, 3 inch lift, skid plates and at least 33 inch tires.
Thanks for the reply and bumping the thread with useful information!

Even the easy group will have fun! A bone stock 2wd FJ will have fun on the 2wd run, as well as a full bore race truck!

Come out and enjoy the outdoors!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Glamis doesn't have anything on JV!
I've never been to JV so I couldn't say.....thats why this looks so interesting, you get to go with a bunch of people that have been there before so they can show you around and its always fun meeting new peeps!!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
you get to go with a bunch of people that have been there before so they can show you around and its always fun meeting new peeps!!
exactly!
plus you get to check out how many ways there are to mod your vehicle... and much more!

1 - 20 of 131 Posts