Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,639 Posts
Bellydocs solution is one of the better ones imo. For those who have tube doors its easy to see that you'd have to extend the tubing/frame considerably to create attachment points for any type of window (upper part). Otherwise there is nothing to easily attach the top of a window to - unless you want to snap-on/off a window every time you get out of the car.

The half door that style that bellydoc pointed out gives you all the frameing you need to attach a snap-on window and be able to leave it on as long as you like without hindering getting in and out of the car. Unfortunately the one FJ that did it cut the top of the frame, but if he kept it they could have easily fabbed up a snap in window.

Shower curtains definitely a cheap idea. However, I don't think I could convince myself it would be safe driving on the highway or in any sort of windy condition without those blowing into the FJ or distracting others on the road. How do you actually have the bottom of the curtain secured Athena?

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
I could be mistaken, but I think Athena is saying she keeps them, so if she's is say out on a trail and it starts to pour, she can slap them on to keep the rain out. She did mention that the rain isn't too much of an issue if you're driving. I'm not trying to put words in her mouth, but this is what I took from it.

·
Premium Member
2,125 Posts
One cool option to gettting and modifing factory doors, is if you retain the Upper section of the door/window track. As on the previously shown toyota Tacoma. You can install snap fittings around the opening and have a panel made at a local upholstery shop and have it made out of canvas with a window insert. Yes its kinda pricy, but if you can weld, cut and do most your self using your factory doors... you maybe able to do the whole thing for the price of Tube doors...
Still warm and dry in winter rain, un snap and see on the trails.....
This one I and doing... When I get alot more time....

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
Bellydocs solution is one of the better ones imo. For those who have tube doors its easy to see that you'd have to extend the tubing/frame considerably to create attachment points for any type of window (upper part). Otherwise there is nothing to easily attach the top of a window to - unless you want to snap-on/off a window every time you get out of the car.

The half door that style that bellydoc pointed out gives you all the frameing you need to attach a snap-on window and be able to leave it on as long as you like without hindering getting in and out of the car. Unfortunately the one FJ that did it cut the top of the frame, but if he kept it they could have easily fabbed up a snap in window.

Shower curtains definitely a cheap idea. However, I don't think I could convince myself it would be safe driving on the highway or in any sort of windy condition without those blowing into the FJ or distracting others on the road. How do you actually have the bottom of the curtain secured Athena?
I could be mistaken, but I think Athena is saying she keeps them, so if she's is say out on a trail and it starts to pour, she can slap them on to keep the rain out. She did mention that the rain isn't too much of an issue if you're driving. I'm not trying to put words in her mouth, but this is what I took from it.
There's no way in hell I'd drive with them on :rofl::rofl:... again, I'm not worried about the little rain that comes in when we're driving or wheeling.... hardly anything comes in, but when it sits over night parked, I slap on some curtains so it doesn't pool up in the fj..

21 - 24 of 24 Posts