Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i really want to get tube doors, because i fish and surf alot on the beach and think they are awesome. i was wondering how hard is it to get the stock doors on and off, i hear they are tricky to get back on?

Thanks,
Frank

·
Premium Member
9,345 Posts
Re: DOOR question

Takes about 45 minutes to remove the factory doors and install the tube doors. I can remove the factory doors by myself, but it's difficult putting them back on without help. It is hard to hold up a 75 pound door and try to line up the bolts to the holes in the door. That was until I ended up purchasing the below adjustable lift for $99 that aides in re-installing the factory doors. We have used it for many other projects.

I love rolling around with the tube doors and they offer exceptional views when offroading. Nothing like being able to look out and see where your front tire placement is. It does suck losing the front door speakers. If you have big fat hands it might be difficult to get to the wire harness for the windows and speakers disconnected.

Would I buy them again? Absolutely.

·
NWFJCC Moderator
2,804 Posts
I install my doors without any help. I use the inside handle to hold the door in place while I hand thread a bolt into each hole. One bolt per hinge. At this point you can let the door go. Pretty easy job , but the doors do weigh a bit. Might not be a method for most, but it works for me.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you very much i think im going to purchase the warrior ones i cant resist, but the other speakers work when the doors are off dont they?

·
Registered
456 Posts
I don't have the tube doors (yet) but i go doorless a lot. Like the others have said its easy to get the doors on and off. I got creative and used a gas can with some 2x4 to hold them in place. And yes the other speakers still work :rocker:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts