Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tube doors on an FJC! I usually post my mods in my build thread, but a few have suggested that others might like to see the tube doors. I recently had Don @ FC Fabrication build me an internal cage, traction bar and a set of tube doors. I still can't imagine what it will be like to see my front wheel while offroad. :D

Don built a hinge unit with hole-less dimple dies pressed outward to hide all the A pillar hinge mounts. He also used some mini truck hinges and built a killer latch mechanism. These door actually sound like a real door when you close them and they are stout. He added a grab handle on the inner bottom tube, so that I can hang on while wheeling. The door latch that he built works the rear door handle lockout which prevents the rear 1/2 doors from opening while the tube doors are closed. They also work the dome lights just like the stock doors. The tube doors are removable with 4 bolts in each door, so I can swap back to the factory doors very easily. I will be adding some sort of mirror to the doors in order to be legal in CA. The doors turned out incredible!!! :smokin:

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Very Nice!

·
Registered
87 Posts
WOW!!!!! Nice. When are gonna cut the sheet metal of the roof and make a fully open cruiser??? Awesome metal work!:cheers:

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
Now, that's what I call "Doin' it right"! Excellent metal fabrication!

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
very impressive.......Just when you think there is nothing new in the forums today....Along comes something so innovative and unique it really startles you...Very cool

·
Registered
636 Posts
Awsome!!!

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
Freaking awesome man! Sol, you are my hero yet once again!

Glad to see you are treating my future truck so well. I would love to stop by and see it some time soon.

Graham

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
very awesome!

·
Registered
221 Posts
I usually save this word for special occasions....like this

GNARLY!!!!

Those are tha hotne55 :cheers:

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Are ya kidding me!?!?! Those do NOT look like a one-off. They look like the 10th generation revised, improved, perfected "ready for mass market" version. The A-pillar piece is *#$^ing sic.

Please tell me your fabricator took measurements, pictures, etc. and is ready to start up the assembly line.

·
Premium Member
6,865 Posts
Looks great Sol. I see your fab guy getting busy making these for a bunch of forums members.

1 - 20 of 200 Posts