Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am stoked to get these doors. Could you please send me tracking information when it becomes available and also do you have a rough idea on when you think they might ship?

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you ordered them from a retailer, you'd have to contact them for tracking information. These don't officially release until Monday or Tuesday.
Sorry about that. I ordered them from RJR Offroad and I thought you guys were affiliated. They sent me the information I was looking for about 30 minutes ago. Thanks Again. I am really looking forward to using these.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Fed Ex dropped them off yesterday and I installed the latches and mirrors today. I will post some pictures as soon as I get a few nice days to test them out. Thanks Warrior and RJR Off Road. I am very pleased with the finished product.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just posted this on one of the other vendors threads, but I wanted to post it hear as well because I have found it to be benneficial to me in the install and removal of the tube doors. Thanks.

I recently purchased some tube doors, and I have also run my FJ without doors many times. I have found through experience and also through reading the posts on this forum that the biggest complaint is pulling off the plastic to disconnect the wiring. What I have been doing to skip this step is pulling the wiring boot out of the door sill while the door is still attached and disconnecting the wiring without ever pulling the plastic pieces off. There is enough slack in the wire that it is not a problem to feed them through the hole for dissconnect and then push them back through when done. I have also attached some large looped wire ties to the wire harness to make retrieval easier. A small hook works wonders. I find that I shave off a good bit on the install and removal time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts