Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has tried to change their side mirror lights to add turn signal lights on them (like the ones you see in luxury cars). I've always like the turn signals on side mirrors on some trucks and luxury cars. I wonder if this can be done to FJ Cruisers.

Thanks! (btw--I called Car Toys and they said it's probably impossible).

·
Registered
478 Posts
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has tried to change their side mirror lights to add turn signal lights on them (like the ones you see in luxury cars). I've always like the turn signals on side mirrors on some trucks and luxury cars. I wonder if this can be done to FJ Cruisers.

If you are trying to have a red arrow light up through the mirror when the turn signals blink that will indeed not be easy as there is not a direct fit kit available. There are some add on pieces that could be made to work with some effort. However if what you want to do is have the light that is built into the mirror also work as a turn signal look at this thread by SwissArmy SUV: http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...view-w-pics.html?highlight=Mirror+turn+signal

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts

It is very simple process and take about one about two hours to complete the job.

Tools:
Multimeter
Long wire with alligator clip at both end
Work:
There is only one bundle of wires from the door to inside the car. Please open the door then you will see the bundle wire between door and interior car. Remove the rubber for finding the continuity wires. Follow Process below:

1. Take off side view mirror from bottom up to avoid breaking the two hooks
2. Take off the side view mirror light bulb
3. Clip one end off alligator clip into one side of light bulb socket
4. Clip other end of alligator clip on any side of multimeter probe
5. Turn multimeter knob to continuity mode
6. Use other end of multimeter to probe through each single pin of the connector until you hear the beep. Do the same to locate other wire.
Note:
* I found "BLACK AND GREEN" wires passenger side of FJ

* I found "WHITE AND GREEN" wires DRIVER side of my 2011 FJ.
After finding the wires then it should be easy to run wires from turning signal to the side view mirrors lights.

good luck and shoot me an email if need further questions.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It is very simple process and take about one about two hours to complete the job.

Tools:
Multimeter
Long wire with alligator clip at both end
Work:
There is only one bundle of wires from the door to inside the car. Please open the door then you will see the bundle wire between door and interior car. Remove the rubber for finding the continuity wires. Follow Process below:

1. Take off side view mirror from bottom up to avoid breaking the two hooks
2. Take off the side view mirror light bulb
3. Clip one end off alligator clip into one side of light bulb socket
4. Clip other end of alligator clip on any side of multimeter probe
5. Turn multimeter knob to continuity mode
6. Use other end of multimeter to probe through each single pin of the connector until you hear the beep. Do the same to locate other wire.
Note:
* I found "BLACK AND GREEN" wires passenger side of FJ

* I found "WHITE AND GREEN" wires DRIVER side of my 2011 FJ.
After finding the wires then it should be easy to run wires from turning signal to the side view mirrors lights.

good luck and shoot me an email if need further questions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts