Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st the problem -

Currently my right rear turn signal will not turn off. It stays on, doesnt blink just stays on, even with the key removed, pulled fuses still stayed on. This has been a problem for awhile. NOW the left turn signal is being screwy, currently if I press the brake pedal the left turn signal will lite up not just the indicator inside the car but the actual light itself both front and rear lights. Also now i have been developing a problem with the VTRAC TRAC ABS and Traction Control lights turning on. ANY HELP would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
470 Posts
What fuses did you pull? There are 2 fuse boxes; 0ne by the drivers left knee and another in the engine compartment next to the battery. I think the fuse you want is in the engine compartment. If you really pulled all the fuses and the light is still on there is some wacky wiring going on. If you can narrow it down to pulling just 1 or 2 fuses to turn off the light it will greatly narrow the search for problem. Also do you have trailer wiring installed and if so is it factory or aftermarket?

·
Premium Member
3,399 Posts

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Could be your multi function switch. well, when i was working for ford this was the terminoligy. Its the switch that would control your high-beams, lights, turn signals, and hazard flashers. (well, not on toyotas as there hazard flasher in in the dash).
Its possible somthing is going haywire in there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've got the wiring diagram plan on checking three common grounds that effect both the flashers and the dash lights hopefully thight might cure it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts