Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any luck in disabling the VERY annoying beeping noises from when the seatbelts are unbuckled and when the key is in the ignition and the door is open. These have been driving me around the bend. I had a quick search and it seems the yanks can do it in the older models but i haven't seen anything for the 2010+ model. Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2,268 Posts
You can turn off most of the seat belt warnings. Look in your owner's manual. You will need to snip a wire to turn off the key in the ignition chime. The wire is under the glove box. I'm not sure if it's the same color as the early models but a quick wiring diagram check should tell you for sure.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
It worked on my 2010 - the instructions were perfect. Try it again. Took me 3 times, if I remember right. No matter what, you'll hear 2 or 3 beeps when you start the car.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Well I've checked my manual and it says page 393, but then it also says only an Authorized Toyota Tech can do it ??

Surely it can't be that hard ??

·
Registered
12 Posts
Has anyone had any luck in disabling the VERY annoying beeping noises from when the seatbelts are unbuckled and when the key is in the ignition and the door is open. These have been driving me around the bend. I had a quick search and it seems the yanks can do it in the older models but i haven't seen anything for the 2010+ model. Any help would be much appreciated.
Bugs1961 gave a great solution here:

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/stereo-electronics-electrical/21702-permanently-disable-all-chimes.html

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I'm trying to avoid taking the wire cutters to the FJ for now but will definitely consider it if this business continues. I asked the dealer to turn them off at the 1000k check up and they told me "sorry we can't disable safety features". I was hoping for a method like the ones in other threads where you turn the car to acc, hold your breath for a minute and make a wish and when you turn the car on you are greeted by silence. Some one tell me this is possible in an Aussie spec 2010+ FJ.

·
Wanderlust
4,157 Posts
FWIW, I've done the Bugs1911's modification but instead of cutting, I just pushed the three wires out of the connector housing so it's completely reversible (it's described at the end of the link provided by FJCFJC) and I documented this mod on my FJ here.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
TCao, that seems like a better option.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just did mine too. Finally peace and quiet.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I needed this mod, will do this ASAP!
Bringing up an old thread! I didn't read this thread but instead of cutting wires they make seatbelt extenders, not sure if they mentioned this in the post.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts