Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Kajun Kim
5,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks. I cleaned up my FJ yesterday (it was Mother's Day, ya know) and finally decided to clean/condition the dash. I was hesitating because I did not want that shiny/greasy look that Armor All and the like leaves behind.

I had picked up some of the new Ice for interiors a month or so back and decided I would give it a try. AWESOME stuff. It cleans and conditions without that greasy look at all. Seriously, I could not even tell that I had done anything except clean it and get all the dust off. This stuff is really good!

Just an FYI!

Kim:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Pictures?

I was wondering about the new ICE products.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Big ditto on the Turtle Wax Ice cleaner. Leaves surfaces with natural non-gloss look.

·
Kajun Kim
5,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pictures?

I was wondering about the new ICE products.
Yeah, I can shoot some pics. It will have to wait till I get home this afternoon though.

Kim

·
Registered
261 Posts
Did the same thing to my interior. Works great! Watch the squeeze bottle though. It can surprize you.:eek:!!

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
Yep, Ice exterior detailer works good too, as well as the liquid claybar. Good product and Turtle wax knows it, they about doubled the price from when it first came out.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Thanks for this post. I was just looking at this stuff at Autozone and almost bought it, but wasn't sure. Thanks to the mighty search function I found this post. Voodoocrew, do you use the interior cleaner stuff on the bumpers and trim, or do you use the exterior detailer on the exterior parts? There were about 4 different Ice Products and I couldn't decide which ones would be sort of the "necessities" for me to keep the FJ looking spiffy.

·
Kajun Kim
5,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I used the Paste wax this week after I cleaned my hot tub. It was AWESOME! I am so sold on the ICE stuff!

Kim

·
Registered
308 Posts
It's good to hear this stuff. I attended a Toyota clinic early this year and the manager of the service department and the auto body manager stated that Toyota does not recommend using anything but a micro-fiber towel to wipe the dash or any of the outside trim. They stated that the chemicals in the products actually broke down the plastics and caused cracking quicker then if wiped down with a damp or dry micro-fiber cloth. Hmmmmm......
I garage my rig daily unless I'm on a road trip and I haven't used any products on my plastics. As anyone else heard of anything from their dealers/ body shop guys? :bandit:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts