Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I am considering getting a 2011 FJ. My main question has to do with car seats and I tried to search, but cannot find someone who has already asked this question. My wife and I are expecting twins. The FJ will not be the primary car for the twins, but i want to make sure they will both fit in the FJ in a pinch if needed. Does anyone have any experience having 2 infant seats in the FJ? I am tall (~6') and do not know how doable this will be. Can anyone help me out?

PS - I have two graco infant seats

Greg

·
Registered
20 Posts
Got two in mine no problem im 6 2 one on passenger side one in middle spot. Might hve to move your seat forword a bit.:wave:

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
Two car seats will fit fine. I took mine when I went for a test drive. It is a little difficult getting a rear facing car seat off if you are using a base-seat combination. The suicide doors open from about 6-8 inches in front of the rear seat back.

·
Registered
954 Posts
I have 8 month old twins and the FJ is our primary baby hauler. I could not make the Graco infant seats fit next to each other. We had to install one behind the driver seat and one behind the passenger seat. I am 5'9" and it is a bit cramped in my opinion. My wife absolutely hates it so we are going to get her a Pilot in a few months. It is definately doable, but not the most comfortable set up in my opinion, and don't get me started on the suicide doors in a parking lot. They are hard enough to get car seats in and out of with no interference, but throw in tight parking lots in the city and they are the worst. If it's not your main baby transport I say go for it. It will definately work, but just make sure you have something else that is a little more kid friendly for your main ride.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts