7,511 Posts
Damn!

Great pics and awesome rigs!

:rocker:

:cheers:

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Lovely pictures. You guys make it look easy. Pictures 2, 5, 8, 9, 10, and 14 :bigthumb:

PS. How often do you guys run into track width being an issue on trails? Are you ever like, "Nope, that's not going to happen" or more like "What trail? It's over already?" I was thinking about Elephant Hill the other day and seen some landcruisers eek through, I'm sure you are wider.

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
6,309 Posts
Just...wow..... :rocker: Recognize Hells Revenge/Gate, but would love to know the other trails in your pics - the obstacles there look really inviting (pics 2,3,8,9,10 and the last one). I want to put them on my list for July. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
673 Posts
Thanks for sharing...pic 14 :surprise Also, those are some very nice rigs!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Sol and Jim's Excellent Adventure.......... Had a great time wheeling with you and the boys. My thumb drive is still with my buddy Joe; he's supposed to upload the pic's and videos he took onto it and send it to me. I'll post any good ones up when I receive it. You've just about convinced me of the need for tube doors.....my wife will be SO pleased that I've managed to find another avenue for spending money on my FJ (I'll be blaming you for sure). I trust your family enjoyed themselves...well, other than the long drive to get there and back.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Pretty sure that first trail is Cliffhanger (pics 2 and 3 for sure). Been some years since I did it, heard it is a lot more difficult nowdays.

Reactions: debFJVT

·
Banned
2,180 Posts
Looking forward to Moab . Looks like you guys had a great trip . Jim D could you tell me what wheels you are running ? I really like the look of them .

·
Premium Member
12,710 Posts
Very nice to see some action pics!

Sol - have you hit 35K yet?

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Pretty sure that first trail is Cliffhanger
Yes. And yes, it's gotten considerably more difficult in the last 3-4 years. Most of the trails in Moab have due to the unbelievable number of Razor type vehicles tearing up the trails. A lot of obstacles on a number of the trails are almost unrecognizable these days.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
How often do you guys run into track width being an issue on trails
I can't speak for Sol but I haven't encountered a problem as of yet. We have a 4-wheeling group that goes out each Monday during the summer/fall months in Crested Butte. We do all the trails in close proximity to CB and many of them are very narrow shelf roads so I have a good deal of experience with narrow trails. Even though my FJ as it sits doesn't have near the turning radius it did before it was SAS'd I can still get down the Black Bear swithbacks at the Summit without using a spotter and never utilizing more than a one point turn, so the width issue hasn't been a problem for me.

·
Premium Member
8,990 Posts
Great pics guys. What other trails did you hit in Moab ?

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
What other trails did you hit in Moab
We did Hell's Revenge, Cliffhanger, Moab Rim and Steelbender. We thought about Pritchett Canyon but with only 2 of us I didn't feel comfortable without another vehicle or two along in case a recovery became necessary, which is always a distinct possibility with Pritchett.

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sol and Jim's Excellent Adventure.......... Had a great time wheeling with you and the boys. My thumb drive is still with my buddy Joe; he's supposed to upload the pic's and videos he took onto it and send it to me. I'll post any good ones up when I receive it. You've just about convinced me of the need for tube doors.....my wife will be SO pleased that I've managed to find another avenue for spending money on my FJ (I'll be blaming you for sure). I trust your family enjoyed themselves...well, other than the long drive to get there and back.
Yep, we too had a fantastic time. Thanks for arranging the trip. You need tube doors... there a must when wheeling in a submarine. Besides, it's only money... right?

How often do you guys run into track width being an issue on trails?
Only trail I've had issues with is Dusy Ershim. The trees on that trail are very close and you have to go slow and pick your way around them... the wrong line and you'll get a fender and a tail light (ask me how I know:)).

Sol - have you hit 35K yet?
Currently at 31,200 :) after 12 years...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts