Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm brand new to this forum and I'm looking to buy an FJ in Dubai, I have been advised to buy a pre owned FJ. I was just wanting to know if there was anything specific I need to look out for, I have checked the various obvious check boxes like GCC spec as well as agents service history. But I am totally in the dark with regards to acceptable milage and the little secret things to look out for to avoid endless hassles and or breakdowns in the future. Thanking you all in advance. Regards

·
Registered
10 Posts
I did quite a bit of research and never did find a significant wide spread problem with the FJ. The worst I can recall is that in the earliest models the front fenders had a weak spot that could tear or bend, commonly called fender bulge.

When you decide on a model year just look through the TSB's (technical service bulletin) for it. You can just search for "TSB FJ Cruiser" to see em. The only ones in my model year had to do with a tire information sticker that wasn't included.

Don't bother looking at Chrysler product TSB's, NO ONE has enough time to read em all :)

Good luck, they are awesome vehicles.

·
Premium Member
4,170 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, I'm brand new to this forum and I'm looking to buy an FJ in Dubai, I have been advised to buy a pre owned FJ. I was just wanting to know if there was anything specific I need to look out for, I have checked the various obvious check boxes like GCC spec as well as agents service history. But I am totally in the dark with regards to acceptable milage and the little secret things to look out for to avoid endless hassles and or breakdowns in the future. Thanking you all in advance. Regards
Thank you for the assistance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did quite a bit of research and never did find a significant wide spread problem with the FJ. The worst I can recall is that in the earliest models the front fenders had a weak spot that could tear or bend, commonly called fender bulge.

When you decide on a model year just look through the TSB's (technical service bulletin) for it. You can just search for "TSB FJ Cruiser" to see em. The only ones in my model year had to do with a tire information sticker that wasn't included.

Don't bother looking at Chrysler product TSB's, NO ONE has enough time to read em all :)

Good luck, they are awesome vehicles.
Thank you, looking forward to owning this much praised 4x4. Regards

·
Registered
30 Posts
I recently purchased FJ and here are the issues which you should look for : Transmission shudder , Streched timing chain (dang), bad alternator, all sensors, fender buldge (only 2007) these are the main ones and there are guzzilion small things too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts