Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to decide on an aftermarket uca, I was sold on Total Chaos but in my search I see threads commenting on how load their trucks are, I don't want more noise, I have enough rattles. I have been told to stay with ball and joint uca's what are my options? I have an ome lift now.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just put the Light Racing UCA's on my OME lift and it's perfect, aligned easily and tracks the road like it was stock. Got 'em for cheap at Fat Bob's Garage, I'm pretty sure they have the best price on the internet.

·
Premium Member
1,491 Posts
Ball joint style... Light Racing! One of the least expensive aftermarket options to boot!
I think MetalTech has a smokin deal going right now. Couldnt find the thread i thought i saw it in, may wanna call and ask them in person.

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
X3 on the Light Racing. No noise and easy to install.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Ball joint style... Light Racing! One of the least expensive aftermarket options to boot!
I think MetalTech has a smokin deal going right now. Couldnt find the thread i thought i saw it in, may wanna call and ask them in person.

$375 and free shipping was the sale price that just ended. However, give us a call 800-839-0684 and we will give you the deal.

X3 on the Light Racing. No noise and easy to install.
Yup quite and easy to use. Good stuff.

Mark

·
Registered
40 Posts
Wow $375 is a freaking steal! I need to spend more time on this forum it seems like I'm always missing out on stuff.

·
Premium Member
1,491 Posts
$375 and free shipping was the sale price that just ended. However, give us a call 800-839-0684 and we will give you the deal.
^^ WIN !! ^^
Wow $375 is a freaking steal! I need to spend more time on this forum it seems like I'm always missing out on stuff.
True dat... I'm just now starting to learn and embrace that. Too many times I've either just missed the thread on a sale or bought something a week before it does go on sale.
Either way, vendors like MT (and others on here) go above and beyond in taking care of us FJ folk.

·
Registered
937 Posts

·
Banned
6,079 Posts
I am trying to decide on an aftermarket uca, I was sold on Total Chaos but in my search I see threads commenting on how load their trucks are, I don't want more noise, I have enough rattles. I have been told to stay with ball and joint uca's what are my options? I have an ome lift now.
Call Mark at Metal Tech.. They have the deal on Light Racing. :cheers:

EDIT: Guess you already knew that though, Huh? :rofl::lol:

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yep, I'll be calling as soon as they open. I'll go search the site now and see what else I need/want :)

Call Mark at Metal Tech.. They have the deal on Light Racing. :cheers:

EDIT: Guess you already knew that though, Huh? :rofl::lol:

·
Premium Member
1,518 Posts
I have the Light Racing UCAs. My FJ drove straight as an arrow right after installation. In fact, since I've had the front end aligned, it drives less well, but I don't attribute that to the LRs.

MT is offering you the $375 price. Jump on it. I paid $450. You can pay $700 to over $1000 for some other UCAs out there. The LR is quite the bargain for a good product.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I would like to understand the settings on the lr uca's. I believe my installer told me he set mine to two per the instruction and I though there was a thread that said it should be set to zero but I can't find that now. What does it all mean?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I was looking at the Light Racing UCA's but does anyone know if the ball joints are servicable? I am leaning towards the Camburgs since I can change them out down the road. Sooner or later they need to have maintenance done on them. Can you just buy the LR ball joints?

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
I like the Camburg Ball Joint version (got mine from Demello for around $375 shipped too, but you have to get your own ball joints. I went with Moog)... much more like the things we used to build when I was in aerospace manufacturing than Light Racing. No disrespect to either users or sellers of the LR units, they just didn't appear nearly as appealing to me. I believe the Camburgs will be more reliable for what "I" do.

Let your mission drive your gear. I bought the Camburgs knowing the Wife would inherent them when I had the funds for a LT setup, or settled for some extended Icons, but having wheeled the **** out of the OE's (til I broke one, and the other had the ball joint wiggling in it's cup), and putting some significant "rock" time on the Camburgs I have no regrets to my purchase. Only thing keeping me from uniballs is that I'm not about to buy a set that does not have caps on top. But that is another discussion.

My dirty set:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts