Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok so this just dawned on me. I bought a brand new 2007 in April 2008. Does my warranty start from my date of purchase (thus the service date) or from the date of manufacture (build date?). I don't even know what the standard warranty is. 3/36? Is that what it is? So would I only be getting 2/36 now? :couto:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok good! It's my first brand new car, so I didn't know :D

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
X2, you dont get punished for it sitting on the dealers lot. 3/36k from the purchase date.
I was hoping I wouldn't be punished for "stealing" one of the last few 07's! I thought maybe that would be their way to get back at me :D Thanks for the confirmation guys!

·
Registered
831 Posts
that just wouldn't be fair if you got punished for it sitting almost a year. What kind of deal you get considering its a 07?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
$25,800 or 25,900 I forgot, OTD. On top of that I got GAP insurance, so it was liek 26400 OTD.

·
Banned
2,984 Posts
Good job on the gap insurance! I always get it, and I had my father-in-law get it on a car I sold him (I was working as an internet sales manager at a Ford stealership in my off-duty time). His car got totalled 6 months after he bought it (he rolled a HUGE chunk into it from the last car he got ripped off with), it got paid off completely, and he was able to get his dream Lexus. He passed away this last January 30 a VERY content man...he loved that Lexus. It wouldn't have been possible without the gap insurance.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good job on the gap insurance! I always get it, and I had my father-in-law get it on a car I sold him (I was working as an internet sales manager at a Ford stealership in my off-duty time). His car got totalled 6 months after he bought it (he rolled a HUGE chunk into it from the last car he got ripped off with), it got paid off completely, and he was able to get his dream Lexus. He passed away this last January 30 a VERY content man...he loved that Lexus. It wouldn't have been possible without the gap insurance.
Yeah it's my first time picking up Gap insurance. It's the safest thing to do!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts