Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

Is there anyone out there still using the forums?

Scholesy? Ratpick? You both helped me when we shipped our FJ from Dubai to the UK in June 2012.

We had an LPG conversion done by Gas4cars in Milton Keynes and have never looked back. The FJ has been great with the snow we have been getting.

It would be great to meet up with some fellow owners. I live in north east Hampshire. I actually saw a silver FJ parked in the rest area on the A31 Hogs Back between Guildford and Farnham in February. Would be good to know if the owner is local.

If anyone sees this post and is interested in meeting up please get in touch!

Maria

·
Premium Member
13,321 Posts
Ive been working in Aberdeen hoping to see my 1st FJ. I see lots of RR though. Glad to see there is at least 2 here.

:cheers:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Old Cruiser!

Thanks for the post. Glad to see there are a few of us out there. You've made a lot of changes to yours. Do you do a lot of off roading?

·
Premium Member
4,150 Posts
I been in Newcastle of 3 weeks, I have not seen any FJs.

Are their more than 3 in the whole country?:lol:

·
Premium Member
2,168 Posts
Sounds like there are probably more of us Brit's living in the US with FJ's than total FJ's in the UK.

Hope you're surviving the snow - my parent's are mortified that it's snowing in "spring" (they're in West Yorks...)

·
Premium Member
13,321 Posts
Hi Old Cruiser!

Thanks for the post. Glad to see there are a few of us out there. You've made a lot of changes to yours. Do you do a lot of off roading?
My rig is ready but unfortunately I don't get to use it as often as I'd like to with my work keeping me overseas. I spend roughly 2-3 months home a year otherwise I'm someplace else".

When I am home I typically head to events and beat the tar out of it. :D

It lives a quiet life but when needed- gets treated like a scalded mule:lol:

:cheers:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I been in Newcastle of 3 weeks, I have not seen any FJs.

Are their more than 3 in the whole country?:lol:
There is definitely another FJ in the Windsor area and another in Snowdonia. I saw a silver one near Farnham a couple of weeks ago but don't know if they are on the forums. So, a few, but not many!

·
Premium Member
4,150 Posts
There is definitely another FJ in the Windsor area and another in Snowdonia. I saw a silver one near Farnham a couple of weeks ago but don't know if they are on the forums. So, a few, but not many!
This thing has been parking next to me at work the last few weeks. I asked a co-worker what it was and he told me a Defender, he said it was a farm vehicle:rofl:

I told him I might be a farmer too, then I showed him a picture of my FJ.:bigthumb:

I like it.:rocker:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,321 Posts
Ive loved the defenders for years but cost more now for a 1997 (I believe the last year imported to the US) than it did new. I like the 90 (you have a photo of a 110- thats the wheel base in inches)

Here is a 90 I see everyday and a 110 seen today

·
Premium Member
4,150 Posts
Ive loved the defenders for years but cost more now for a 1997 (I believe the last year imported to the US) than it did new. I like the 90 (you have a photo of a 110- thats the wheel base in inches)

Here is a 90 I see everyday and a 110 seen today
Yep, I want one if you can drive on the good side.

Can you get them in Left Hand Drive?

I'm getting mighty tired of driving on the wrong side car and road.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts