Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Mean Time Moderator
5,420 Posts
Hello

There don't seem to be many active members in the UK despite quite a few registered. Do no meet at the moment. I met up with another owner up in the Peak District but have't made contact with anyone else.

As for parts you should be able to get parts from any Toyota dealer though I have't tried yet. Otherwise they can be sent over from the US. I'm using K&N filters all round and Millers Oils from Opie Oils. I used to buymparts from a company in the Netherlands, All-American Imports, but couldn't get hold of them last time I tried so not sure if they are still operating, if they are then they are our best source.

·
Premium Member
2,087 Posts
On a tour in the UK right now and haven't found an FJ yet! Hoping to get a pic before heading back stateside.

·
Mean Time Moderator
5,420 Posts
Was in London for a few days and just arrived in Chester til Sunday
That's a shame, I'm the other side of the country. I think there is a member who is that way but not seen them on here for some time. They were asking about UK regs.

·
Premium Member
2,087 Posts
That's a shame, I'm the other side of the country. I think there is a member who is that way but not seen them on here for some time. They were asking about UK regs.

Well dang! Was hoping to catch a FJC while I was here. Having a great time on a soccer tour w/ my son.
We were at the community shield game on Sunday, had a match on Monday, Old Trafford tomorrow, and a match tomorrow night. Then to Manchester City for a tour and a match.

·
Mean Time Moderator
5,420 Posts
Well dang! Was hoping to catch a FJC while I was here. Having a great time on a soccer tour w/ my son.
We were at the community shield game on Sunday, had a match on Monday, Old Trafford tomorrow, and a match tomorrow night. Then to Manchester City for a tour and a match.
Sounds like you're having a good time... If you'd picked Norwich City I'd be there with my search dog Zero and my FJ. But not quite the Kudos of Man. City

·
Desert Moderator
6,491 Posts
Hello

There don't seem to be many active members in the UK despite quite a few registered. Do no meet at the moment. I met up with another owner up in the Peak District but have't made contact with anyone else.

As for parts you should be able to get parts from any Toyota dealer though I have't tried yet. Otherwise they can be sent over from the US. I'm using K&N filters all round and Millers Oils from Opie Oils. I used to buymparts from a company in the Netherlands, All-American Imports, but couldn't get hold of them last time I tried so not sure if they are still operating, if they are then they are our best source.
Engine & powertrain parts should be readily available in the UK - it's basically just a ruggedized Prado 150.

·
Desert Moderator
6,491 Posts
Yes but the 150 is only available here as a diesel.
Ah.. Well there is that... Does anything have the 1GR-FE engine?
You can always get parts shipped from here too.

·
Desert Moderator
6,491 Posts
I've seen some Hilux around. Is there common ground there?
Nope. Hilux has common ground with Fortuner but that's not offered in civilized markets.

·
Mean Time Moderator
5,420 Posts
Ah.. Well there is that... Does anything have the 1GR-FE engine?
You can always get parts shipped from here too.
Not as far as I know, TGB only offer diesel in their 4x4 range and now only offer the 150 and Hilux having dropped the 200 this year.

I've seen some Hilux around. Is there common ground there?
No, They are probably about the first pickups we had but nothing shared with LC.
The early ones were much the same as the early 4Runner we had here around 1993 but that was the Hilux Surf everywhere else so not a 4Runner as you know it

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Gents, I've been looking for an FJ for a while, I currently own a Honda Element which needs replacing soon. Any leads would be appreciated, I am 8 miles North of Norwich and I see that there is already a local owner on the forum.

·
Registered
2 Posts
After a couple of years searching, I have finally purchased an FJ in RHD. Not sure if there are still any other local cars but I am 8 miles out of Norwich

1 - 17 of 17 Posts