Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looks like a good wheel for the money and not many people on here are running them which I like even more.

Im going to purchase this in an 18 x9 but my concern is they have a 5 1/2 Backspacing with +12 offset which as I have read will push the wheel out further from the fender and in Delaware, state law does not allow the tire to stick out more than 1" from the fender. Any thoughts on this? Any guesstimates on how far past msy stock fender these will stick?

Here's a picture:

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Whee...auntlet&wheelFinish=Black+Painted&showRear=no

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now I am realizing I have my numbers backwards for offset. A +12mm offset would push the wheel IN not out. So I am going to be looking at running a wheel spacer instead?

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
A +12 offset will yield a 5.5" backspacing which will be much to close to the UCA to work. If you put a wheel spacer on you will net a 4.25 back space that will be better and I doubt that it will stick out 1" past the fender. If you went with a -12 off set then you might have issues depending on the tires. Mine are 18x9 with a -12 offset and they are 1.25" outside the fenders with a 35x12.5 mud tire. (read big here) but a less agressive tire will not stick out pass your government mandated clearance.

The other alternative is to get bigger fender flairs.

·
Registered
8,955 Posts
...or you could keep your stock tires as a back up for inspection time... I always have a spare set of oem tire for my off-road vehicles, for various reasons, test rides for repairs, or I lose an custom or offroad tire and can not get a replacement right away....

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm also looking into this wheel but in 17". I called tirerack since I also had concerns about the offset and backspacing and the technician I talked to "guaranteed" that this would work on the Fj and that I would not need spacers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts