Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
What the hell does "USA Non-Branded" mean?

No mention as to where these are actually made ...

·
Registered
298 Posts
to save some $$ for other projects, i went with the "freedom offroad" ones on amazon. $100 more but they look better built than those. the tacoma guys seem to like them and the FJ ones had very good reviews on amazon.

·
Premium Member
3,574 Posts
Sure looks a lot like a Light Racing (SPC) UCA. Right down to the little hole in the arm. Chinese knock off?

Noticed the new SPC's at MetalTech 4x4 don't look like the ones I bought a few years back.

Reactions: Sparky of NWO

·
Premium Member
3,574 Posts
IMG4.jpg

·
Premium Member
12,748 Posts
Rockauto - Mevotech CMS861198 {#MS861198}

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like these are a knock off of the old style SPC? Wonder if they are made the same place as the mevotech/SPC

·
トヨタ Master
9,242 Posts
I have the old version of the SPC and the Ebayers still don't look as beefy, particularly in the cast iron part.

·
Registered
2007 FJC 4x4.
9,928 Posts
Doubtful. They look very sloppy. I vote copies. Plus I bet anything the bushings are absolute trash. The SPCs already dont last super long.

But as Mikey said above, you can get new, real SPC from RockAuto branded Mevotech, as they purchased SPC.

·
4-Corners Moderator
5,097 Posts
They are obviously copies of the SPC/Light Racing UCAs, which is a good choice for a more affordable and adjustable UCA, but just do yourself a favor and be sure to get the real things. A few years back there were unbranded knock offs of Total Chaos rear links on eBay and folks who got them said the bushings went bad very quickly, so best not to risk it.

·
トヨタ Master
9,242 Posts
you can get new, real SPC from RockAuto branded Mevotech, as they purchased SPC.
Incorrect. SPC is owned by NIWOT and is located 80 miles from here in CO. Here's your proof:

Supporting Documents:

·
Registered
34 Posts
I would get the SPC fully forged UCA's. They are more but not that much more in the long run. The MevoTech's are similar to the original SPC's. They maybe one in the same. They definitely use SPC ball joints. Part - Mevotech

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
6,356 Posts
I’ve used the old style (not fully forged) SPC UCAs for years on extreme trails and replaced the bushings with their new xAxis sealed bushings which are EXCELLENT. The greaseable balljoints are probably the best on the market, and (important for me in the NE) are booted. I really see the arm construction as secondary to the components you can use. SPC is a cool company and I actually visited them in Colorado ....got a tour and spoke with their engineers when they were just completing the new xAxis bushings, so I was one of the first to install them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
to save some $$ for other projects, i went with the "freedom offroad" ones on amazon. $100 more but they look better built than those. the tacoma guys seem to like them and the FJ ones had very good reviews on amazon.
I have the same ones and they’ve been great. Solid build quality on them and the price was great.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts