Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well today was the day that I have been going to get around to now for over a month. I finally had my 2inch level lift installed and I have to say I LOVE the new look of my FJ. The install took about two hours and went along quite smoothly (except the looking for the wheel lock key...lol)....

So after that got sorted I took the truck to a local Toyota dealer to have it lined up. The alignment was pretty good except for the left tire. The service guy even managed to comment how the alignment guy was "afraid" of lift kits and that it often rendered the vehicle "unalignable" ( these guys even make up their own words). I told him I would have to find somewhere else to spend my money if I decide to lift it any further.....lol

So the spacer is from Hank at Extremetrucktoys.com -$100 + $24shipping
Install was $100 and my alignment was $50......Add in our local taxes and it came out that I had enough to get a sandwich and a coffee without cresting $300......

The truck rides just a touch firmer in the front and even took some of the brake dive out of it. Tonight my girlfriend mentioned that on a rough road near home she didn't feel the truck bob as much as it did.....I know the change would be minimal but hey even she feels the difference.....

The new spacer ....excuse the dirt but it's flood season up here

I LOVE the new look.....Sorry I waited to do it now....

This shows how level the truck turned out.....I was so scared it would look high in the back and it turned out looking great to me

·
Registered
610 Posts
Excuse the dirt? :lol::lol: It looks sparkling clean to me. FJ looks good.
I wonder why toyota produced the fj with the rear raised like that, I guess it's because having the rear sag when its put to good use, loading it, is better than having it be unlevel when unloaded.
what'sa left gas pedal

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have Spina Bifida and it limits the sensation in and the movement of my right leg below the knee. 27years ago I bought this pedal that is bolted to the floor and allows me to run the gas pedal from the other side of the brake pedal with my left foot.

The techs at the dealership that I bought my FJ from, simply flipped some bolts upside down and welded them to the floor instead of drilling through the floor to screw it down. I was quite impressed since I usually just drill and bolt it down.

The pedal simply folds back when someone else needs to drive the truck. It is a very straight forward design and it's age is starting to show but it's utility is timeless.

·
Registered
68 Posts
looking good, I'm still contemplating on a level kit or the three inch lift kit, enjoy your ride.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I use my left foot for gas and brake....I have a restriction on my license that requires me to only drive an automatic....LOL....Years ago I got caught driving a MG that I had been working on for a friend and the cop was an acquaintance of mine ....He looked at my license and laughed saying "that must be a restriction for eye glasses huh?"....The he laughed and told me to "get that thing back in the shop would ya".....No one ever caught me driving a Freightliner.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts