Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying (without much luck) to fins what options are available to us for full underbody protection. I am wanting something that protects as much of the underside as possible. I dont do much rock crawling, so it doesnt have to super heavy, and I would like to not ass any more weight than necessary. I would like something that would allow the truck to "slide" over obstacles as much as possible. Also want something that has access opening for drain plugs, filters or other stuff that needs to be accessed very often. Any ideas where I should start?

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am trying to find a mfg that makes protection that kind of fits together and offers full or near full coverage. Something that would at least cover the front half of the truck, making it easier for the FJ to kind of glide over mud and debris.

·
Titanium Pearl
887 Posts
I am trying to find a mfg that makes protection that kind of fits together and offers full or near full coverage. Something that would at least cover the front half of the truck, making it easier for the FJ to kind of glide over mud and debris.
if you look at there products both Budbuilt and Rasta do this exact thing!

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I am checking them out now. I would like the lighter weight version, obviously to save weight, but would hate to spend that much for something that didnt offer sufficient protection. Maybe I should not risk it and just get the heavy ones. I dont do rock crawling, so the light ones may be plenty. Will have to think about it. Either way, having that kind of protection on the bottom side would definitely give one some peace of mine.

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Man-A-Fre and AllPro both cover the full length too.

For weight and strength, you might want to look at AllPro as it's full thickness steel, but cut and designed to cover only the vital areas.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Yes, I am checking them out now. I would like the lighter weight version, obviously to save weight, but would hate to spend that much for something that didnt offer sufficient protection. Maybe I should not risk it and just get the heavy ones. I dont do rock crawling, so the light ones may be plenty. Will have to think about it. Either way, having that kind of protection on the bottom side would definitely give one some peace of mine.
If you don't plan on rocks, get the rastas. Even if you do plan on rocks, There are members on here that have beat the crap out of them and they have held up pretty well.

If you want the heavy duty stuff, I suggest BudBuilt. They offer serious protection. Also look into rear lower link skids and shockmount skids from Allpro.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts