Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking under the hood today and noticed this connector, it has a green wire with a reddish stripe, white wire with a black stripe....what's it for?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
after you mentioned that I went to Sparks Toyota and pulled up there PDF aux light install, it looks like you're 100% correct. Thanks

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been thinking of adding the bumper mounted aux lights, is there any write up of how to install the switch in the blank spot next to the RSCA switch?

I read the PDF install but I don't understand how you remove vent piece ( any pics of the removal ), also, do you remove the panel next to the vent when doing this install?

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
I've been thinking of adding the bumper mounted aux lights, is there any write up of how to install the switch in the blank spot next to the RSCA switch?

I read the PDF install but I don't understand how you remove vent piece ( any pics of the removal ), also, do you remove the panel next to the vent when doing this install?

Thanks.
Start from the top pulling towards you, until clips disengage. Don`t worry, they are pretty durable :)

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Start from the top pulling towards you, until clips disengage. Don`t worry, they are pretty durable :)

Appreciate the advise, thanks.

·
Premium Member
9,302 Posts

It pops out from the back.

Thanks.
There's a couple of guys that claim you don't have to remove the panel to install switch in that blank next to your RSCA. You can simply pop out the blank by removing lower fuse box cover, snap switch in (OEM) from face. In sitting here typing, I did just that. The blanks pop out easier than I thought.

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There's a couple of guys that claim you don't have to remove the panel to install switch in that blank next to your RSCA. You can simply pop out the blank by removing lower fuse box cover, snap switch in (OEM) from face. In sitting here typing, I did just that. The blanks pop out easier than I thought.
Chris, that sounds easy enough, now to get the aux light wiring harness over there without dismantling everything....if I have to do that then I'll pass on this mod. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
9,302 Posts
Try this switch out.

Hold on, on iPhone. That didn't work.

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Are you completing stock harness or running aftermarket one?
If I understand you correctly I want to complete the stock harness.

·
Premium Member
9,302 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,302 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,302 Posts

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Chris, That's the pdf install I've already checked out, there's no way I'm going to dismantle everything to do this mod ( otherwise I'll just pass on this mod ).

·
Premium Member
9,302 Posts
Chris, That's the pdf install I've already checked out, there's no way I'm going to dismantle everything to do this mod ( otherwise I'll just pass on this mod ).
If you change your mind, there's a "how to" by landcruiser steve that explicit. Good Luck.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
But but...but...it`s easy :bigthumb: It looks scary, but actually not that hard at all and no special tools required. Just a pair of hands, a screwdriver and 10mm socket ..well ratchet too. Fun project :cheers:

See, the problem is... connector where you plug OEM switch harness is in the middle of the dash, aaand, this instruction for installing switch in the center console, not on the left side of the steering column as you wanted to do.... that`s why you have to remove all that :)

To complete OEM setup, you`ll need:

Aux Light Switch PN: PT297-35070-SW x 1
Switch Harnes PN: PT297-35070-SH x 1
Lamp Harness PN: PT297-35070-LH x 1
AUX relay PN: PT297-89016 x 1
15 amp small fuse x 1
t-taps (female) x 2 gauge 18-24
matching male connectors...

Takes about 1 hour to do it all, assuming lights already installed.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts