Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The cutoff line to my headlights isn't even - it's at an angle. I adjusted up and down and horizontally, but does anyone know how to fix the slant? As you can see, it raises up on the left side - it's not the wall or the ground..I've tried it other walls that were even and it still looks the same.

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What headlights are they? Upgraded bulbs or retrofitted projectors? I'm not sure what your problem is unfortunately, but they are actually supposed to be lower on the oncoming traffic/left hand side.

Good luck! Maybe somebody will post that has had a similar problem.
These are from Nestor (Nestah Edition) - complete retrofit

I've been playing around with the height of the beams and trying to find a happy medium

·
Registered
832 Posts
Remove the LEDs... They do not align perfectly with your reflectors, if you don't want to see the "steps", but most people don't worry about it. Your horizontal and vertical adjustment won't do anything for that.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Remove the LEDs... They do not align perfectly with your reflectors, if you don't want to see the "steps", but most people don't worry about it. Your horizontal and vertical adjustment won't do anything for that.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Thanks...I don't mind the steps - I just want to straighten out the cutoff line since its slants up on the left

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks...I don't mind the steps - I just want to straighten out the cutoff line since its slants up on the left
I'm having a similar issue with my lights. I'm going to see if I can rotate the projectors to compounds for the uneven cutoff line.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yea you have to rotate the projector lens hopefully the retros that you got aren't locked into place with the housing with jb weld or something similar

·
Registered
2 Posts
Here's how mine look need to adjust the left side up a little. Did the retros myself so I'm able to still rotate the projectors if I need to

·
Registered
611 Posts
The “steps” are a normal result of the baffle design that makes lo-beams into hi-beams.

The slant, on the other hand, is probably due to shoddy workmanship by the manufacturer. The guts are not properly aligned to the buckets. I would recommend trying to get an exchange/refund or learning to live with it.

You may be able to tweak it through the bulb opening in the bucket, but you risk breaking stuff loose and you may end up having to bake and open them.

·
Registered
891 Posts
@Ttran562 is correct, you just need to turn the entire projector in the bucket. Curious if you don't have an alignment key installed (3 prong thingy) to keep them on a horizontal plane? This is how our OEM H4 bulbs stay level. The ring keys exactly into the slot of the threaded shaft of the projector. This should get you 99% of the way there but as always this is a custom job and may require additional tweaking. In my last picture you can see my driver side is slightly rotated to the passenger side... not enough for me to rip it apart at the moment though :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts