Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 2891 Posts

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Are there anybody in this forum have done a unique mods? we would like to see it!!! So we can get some ideas for our own :rocker: I'll start. I did my snorkel and bushwacker pocket style fender flares and i think im the first Black FJ with Truck bedliners roof. Line-x roof and more. here are some photos.. enjoy..

:cheers::wave:

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Re: unique Mods.. Post your pix here

Does it have to be like custom DIY mods, or also aftermarket parts that one or few are using?

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Does it have to be like custom DIY mods, or also aftermarket parts that one or few are using?
yeah custom DIY or any after market parts that you had to customize to make it look bad a$$ or better. If you cut it, trim it painted it custom made one of a kind post it. something like that:rocker: I've seen alot of scattered unique mods in this forum why not bring it in one place :bigthumb: :wave:

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

by the way, i forgot to comment on your ride... that is 1 big bad A$$ black FJ. that is probably one of a kind. any closer photos? im also out in the market looking for custom front and rear bumpers. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

this is what im talking about :clap: Thanks Mark. now i have an idea of what to do on that extra space on my upper rear door panel.. Great Mods!!!

i saw a PVC pipe snorkel mods here, also custom roof rack by jerseymike. Air intake coming from inside of the FJ. guy used a Cambell can i think FJFRed did that mod..

But, Hey Keep it coming it doesn't matter how they look or how much they cost if you build it for a reason I'd like to see it:wave::cheers:

·
Registered
2,280 Posts

Flush mounted my 7 pin trailer plug to my rear bumper. Not a big deal, but i've only seen one other person doit. And that was after he used my install as referance!

·
Registered
10 Posts

Here is a custom bike carrier for my down hill. It attaches to the spare tire mount. I was worried about the extra weight being on the door but so far no problems. I have taken some pretty good off road "bumps" with the bike on and no bends or anything of that sort. Note: I normally take off the front tire for clearance.

·
Registered
10 Posts

Wasn't going to post these pics yet till I was done but what the hay. Here is a aluminum roof rack I'm making. Haven't put in the middle bars yet, this will eventually be powder coated. The whole thing is 1/8" aluminum.

Up next will be front and rear bumpers!

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)

Wasn't going to post these pics yet till I was done but what the hay. Here is a aluminum roof rack I'm making. Haven't put in the middle bars yet, this will eventually be powder coated. The whole thing is 1/8" aluminum.

Up next will be front and rear bumpers!
Looks great already even if it's not done. keep us posted if you finished it. regarding the bike rack that was a clever idea. i wonder if you could also put an extra gas tank carrier on those stock spare tire rack. hmmm????:wave: custom made bumpers.. i gotta see that.....

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Flush mounted my 7 pin trailer plug to my rear bumper. Not a big deal, but i've only seen one other person doit. And that was after he used my install as referance!

that is something you don't see everyday. very nice mod. you don't have to kneel down under your rig and plug your trailer wires. very cool. i have a stock on mine but, i don't think i will be using that anytime soon. i have no trailer, i have no boat. i have nothing to pull :bigthumb: the only purpose of my tow hitch is to pull a stuck rig in the mud:lol: :cheers:

Reactions: Tamai

·
Registered
255 Posts

DIY roof rack and light bar cage.

·
Registered
255 Posts

Thanks for the nice compliment. I just can't seem to stop fussing with my FJ.

I tinkered around with cars as a younger man but it is nice to be a little more settled and be able to be creative.

I am already designing the next rack for the FJ. It will have a smaller side profile that flows better into the baja light rack.

BTW it still fits in a standard 7' garage door opening.

·
Registered
165 Posts

Do Work,

You've been holding out on us!!! Don't you know this type of innovation gives me a reason to surf. I luv these types of posts!!!!

Oh no..... I'm addicted to this site again......

Do work- please more info on your mods....

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Thanks for the nice compliment. I just can't seem to stop fussing with my FJ.

I tinkered around with cars as a younger man but it is nice to be a little more settled and be able to be creative.

I am already designing the next rack for the FJ. It will have a smaller side profile that flows better into the baja light rack.

BTW it still fits in a standard 7' garage door opening.
i can't wait to see the photos of your next mods.. I myself also likes to work on my cars. i have a 2005 scion tc, 98 camry and the Big Bad Black FJ all of my cars are loaded with TRD.. I wanna build a house around my FJ hahaha. the first thing would be the garage. I'd like to make my garage bigger so i can fit the FJ in it :clap::wave:

·
Registered
4,761 Posts

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)

From this .. Bone Stock Man Purple FJ

To this .. Linex XTRA Olive Drab (entire Rig)

In action .. Last weekend at Hannable MO
you are them Man!!! I should thank you for your build up!. i got the line-x idea from you.. hahaha.. I though i was the first to line-x my door handle. side mirrors and snorkel. :lol: you line-x your entire rig. check out my mod regarding line-x roof
Before:
[/IMG]

During:
[/IMG]

After:
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Thanks Again SwiCago!!!! Rock On:rocker::cheers::wave:

1 - 20 of 2891 Posts