Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

2801 - 2820 of 2858 Posts

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
Lights came from amazon
And I used the dome light wire as a trigger
Pretty easy set up and wire
So did you run wires through the ceiling or the A pillar? If A pillar where is thepassenger side wire?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Ok. Guys. Gezzz. I didnt think that many ppl. Would be so interested

I ran the wires from under the dash to the doors

And because I didnt want to cause any problems with rust or integrity I put the lights in the bottom of the door panel itself

I will try to get a pic of the light in the door

I fed them with positive feed from the fusebox with a fuse link in line

And used the negative from the dome lights to trigger them

Flat wire in plug 1a I belive. The middle wire is the dome ground

As much as I would like to see these lights in every FJ
It wouldn't hurt my feelings to becthe only one with them. Lmao.....

·
Registered
308 Posts
Are these the ones you got? Amazon TRD
I know it's probably hard to take a good photo, but someone who reviewed said they weren't that bright. This reviewer was also in an FJ, so sorry to say, you're not the only one, unless you're Amanda S.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Used a stock racing fuel cell for an auxiliary tank. Fabricated a skid with 1/4" scrap aluminum. Much easier than I thought before I started the project.

I know its been a while but how has this been holding up. I'm in the process of mocking one up and while a tight fit it looks reasonably doable.

·
Registered
262 Posts
what are you using to view the camera image? the stock rear view mirror? an aftermarket head unit?

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Are these the ones you got? Amazon TRD
I know it's probably hard to take a good photo, but someone who reviewed said they weren't that bright. This reviewer was also in an FJ, so sorry to say, you're not the only one, unless you're Amanda S.

It probably depends on which ones you buy. I installed mine last summer and they're plenty bright:

I used the these wires in the a-pillar, the centre wire and the left wire if I remember correctly.

And mount location:

Sent from a NiPhone, using auto-correct to eff things up with Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Re: unique Mods.. Post your pix here

I will be posting a few mods in this thread.
Here is the first one I did when I first got my truck
Color matched door handles and mirror bases. Mirrors and bumpers black, bezel color matched white with yellow letters

Fresh air
Hood scoop Mod. Expanded metal, drilled opening for air flow

I decided to remove the control box on WIKID'S bumper and send it to the engine compartment. Longer cables made it possible to mount in under the XD-I intake with easy access to the plug in for the wired remote. Hopefully I won't need that since I installed the wireless controller inside the control box. Everything should stay more dry now.

I like the cleaner look under the bull bar now. I didn't like the large gap inside the bumper. It looked unfinished

I decided to go get some steel and fab something up to fill the hole. I went to the steel place and looks through the scraps. I found some 3/4" angle and some plate steel with holes in it, brought it home. 9 bucks is what it cost. I used the dimensions from the cut out and started fabbing,
This is what I ended up with

Here it is fit in place . I used Magnetic strips along the front to keep it in place so I still have access to the winch control bar. I almost didnt need anything since the angle fit it nicely, but I decided to use the magnets for a clean appearance
I absolutely love that you drilled your hood scoop area to gain more air flow! BADASS!:rocker:

·
Desert Moderator
6,025 Posts
Re: unique Mods.. Post your pix here

I absolutely love that you drilled your hood scoop area to gain more air flow! BADASS!:rocker:
What's the benefit from more airflow through there (apart from decreasing airflow through the radiators & increasing lift on the hood at highway speeds)?

·
Registered
127 Posts
G'day Mate,
Thanks for the reply.
cool, sounds like a simple and easy way to go.... so the tank sit up under the canister, sort of spaced to sit under it. Interesting!!
Good capacity too.... 17 gals, is cool.
Well done.
If you can get more photo's that would be great, and if you need help getting a thread going to show how n what you did. Just let me know...
There are many who will appreciate it, I'm sure.
Cheers
Baz
:blueblob:
@HalfPint
Hi so did you try this one ?looks good i am trying to get them on the phone but no luck yet !!
perry

·
Registered
32 Posts
I installed the Ipad mini into dash this weekend, I think it looks clean. Awesome tool to have nowadays. The bluetooth connection sounds amazing, much better then stock. It is also easily removable if need too.
No DIY photos?
I really want to do this, did you get a case for the ipad so it fits so flush?

2801 - 2820 of 2858 Posts