Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

2841 - 2860 of 2890 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Dude... that cargo rack is giving me a chubby. If you don't post more pic's and details I'm going to go cry in the corner and lose my mind, lol.

·
Premium Member
825 Posts
For Sale in Port Isabel, TX. (not mine)
Extras include: roof rack, step side shoe scraper, black powder coated wheels, and custom aluminum grill which has a removable rack which holds an ice cooler and up to 5 rods and reels. It can also be used to transport your deer or hogs.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,835 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Great thread!

Maybe not unique... but here's what I did to my FJ

Needed something to hold/charge my phone, so I installed a ball-mount on the right side

I spend a fair amount of time on logging rds, so a CB is nice to have

Getting in/out of the back can be a challenge to some, so added a grab-handle

Needed some power in the back to run the 12V fridge... so added a cigarette lighter and USB port

Seldom sleep in the back, but not being able to open the window without the key and open the door from the inside kind of bugged me...

The FJ doesn't have much storage compartments compare to newer vehicles, so I added some pouch to the rear-cargo-window

:grin

·
Registered
467 Posts
Rear Roof Gun Rack

I made a gun rack for my shotgun and carbine, that also can hold my recurve bow. It is made from all thread rod and cheap. It does not rattle or rotate when the guns are in the mounts. Basically, it is two QuickFist Weapons Mounts placed opposite each other on the all thread rod.

It bolts into the existing "clothes hangers" in the rear. It still allows rear view out the back, and is ticked up high enough to be out of the way of most anything going on in the back. If you have to sleep in the rear, it is strong enough you can pull yourself up on it without issue.

Attachments

·
Registered
467 Posts
Made these grab handles from billet aluminum camera handles, some nylon spacers, steel parts, rubber boots and all-thread rod. They easily hold 300 lb persons pulling on them without issue. All parts got thru Amazon for cost of about $50 each total.

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 FJC 4x4.
9,863 Posts
2841 - 2860 of 2890 Posts