Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 40 of 2890 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,401 Posts
Re: unique Mods.. Post your pix here

you are them Man!!! I should thank you for your build up!. i got the line-x idea from you.. hahaha.. I though i was the first to line-x my door handle. side mirrors and snorkel. :lol: you line-x your entire rig. check out my mod regarding line-x roof

Thanks Again SwiCago!!!! Rock On:rocker::cheers::wave:
LOL .. well, actually the first to linex an FJ was a woman, ATLANTACRUISING . She linex'd her Silver FJ to Brick. But as far as I know, she did not do the roof, nor under the panels like I did. So, I believe I am still the first to truly linex the entire rig, including Sills, Under all panels and wrap around under all doors to inside.
Link to the tear down

PS: Your rig is looking sweet Rock on Brother :rocker:

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #22

LOL .. well, actually the first to linex an FJ was a woman. She linex'd her Silver FJ to Brick. But as far as I know, she did not do the roof, nor under the panels like I did. So, I believe I am still the first to truly linex the entire rig, including Sills, Under all panels and wrap around under all doors to inside.

PS: Your rig is looking sweet Rock on Brother :rocker:
yeah i wish i had your rig when we went wheeling on saturday . we went through tight roads with lots of big brushes. pin striped my fj really good:flame:
it's all good thou it's part of the trill:rocker: pin stripes from brushes added a wheeler character on my rig:clap: but, im surprised with line-X not a scratch on my snorkel, side mirrors door handles and roof... that is really one tough cookie!!:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
3,401 Posts

yeah i wish i had your rig when we went wheeling on saturday . we went through tight roads with lots of big brushes. pin striped my fj really good:flame:
it's all good thou it's part of the trill:rocker: pin stripes from brushes added a wheeler character on my rig:clap: but, im surprised with line-X not a scratch on my snorkel, side mirrors door handles and roof... that is really one tough cookie!!:bigthumb:
:lol: Last weekend at Hannable MO, I think I was the only one who didn't avoid huge tree branches. Some scrapted along the entire side of my Rig, others along the roof....Not a single scratch...No mud stains..Nothing .... Linex rocks

·
Registered
876 Posts

Since custom DIY counts, how about these...

Do I at least get "style" points?

A.W.D.

·
Premium Member
4,049 Posts

SWISSARMYSUV front bumper fog light kit adapted for the rear bumper wings.

Originally as brush guard, now it function as a push guard that is solidly attached to the Lucrum winch mount. Firestik antennas as side markers.

·
Registered
5,991 Posts

Since custom DIY counts, how about these...

Do I at least get "style" points?

A.W.D.
That is some very nice work! I want to make a set of the skids for the links too soon. Did you use the original bolts or get longer ones? The head markings aren't the same as mine.

·
Registered
876 Posts

Very nice .. I like them both .. :cheers: Make me some :)
Thank you...

Can't take any credit for the ideas - just the design ideas I saw for them in "my" head.

A.W.D.

·
Registered
215 Posts

When it comes to functionality, my FJ falls behind many on the forum. On the other hand... when it comes to unique I think I have you covered.

Most recently I made my own rackless light bar and mounted 4 hella 500's on it to keep cost down.

Made modular with a single weatherproof plug and 4 bolts

All finished up

Switches for my lights

One of my favorite and simplest mods to date are the 1W amber LED's in the mirrors.

I also added some 5mm amber LED's in the hella 500's

Everything lit up

On the lighting note I also modded the OEM headlight housings to accept an Infinity FX-35 hid projector.

Finally... the last super cool mod to the FJ is the on board air system (mounted under the rear of the FJ) with "train horn"

A work in progress...

·
Registered
2,823 Posts

CUstom link housing

CB antennae

COwhorns

NIce seeing all these great custom mods:rocker: keep em coming!

·
Registered
887 Posts

ARB ON BOARD Air Compressor...

here's some install pics of the ARB Compressor:

I installed the actual compressor at the tech meet...
that was prolly the easiest piece of the whole project...basically just had to figure out where i was gonna place it...the compressor is a really nice piece of machinery and can be adjusted in several places which is great if you have to mount it in a tight spot..fortunately for the FJ...on the passenger side above the fender well, there's plenty of room...

prior to the tech meet, i did the wiring inside the cabin...i spent some time with the 'provided harness' cleaning it up a bit as it came with switches, etc for a front and rear air locker...i removed the wiring for the front and rear locker switches...that made it easy to fit the rest thru the fire wall..

i ran the harness behind the glove box to the series of switches below the HU...
had to use a dremel to make the switch fit...

then to the fuse box using an add-a-circuit...still need to tie in the illumination wire...
this pic was before i put the 2 fuses in the add-a-circuit

to mount the relay, i found a nice threaded hole near the hood damper on the pass side..

here's a pic of the comp with the pressure switch and coupler for the airhose..

used some 1/4 wire loom for the hot and ground wires running them to the battery in the front of the engine bay...removing the plastic cover on top of the radiator..i ran the loom along side of the loom that was already there (between the two coolers), using zip ties along the way..

here's a pic of the finished install

[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #34 (Edited)

ARB ON BOARD Air Compressor...

here's some install pics of the ARB Compressor:

I installed the actual compressor at the tech meet...
that was prolly the easiest piece of the whole project...basically just had to figure out where i was gonna place it...the compressor is a really nice piece of machinery and can be adjusted in several places which is great if you have to mount it in a tight spot..fortunately for the FJ...on the passenger side above the fender well, there's plenty of room...

:wave: Hi Pat!!! I've seen that mod in the flesh. very nice mod, thanks for sharing:rocker: I will be needing those info to install my air compressor in the near future.:wave:

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #36

[/IMG]

line-X coated side mirrors and door handles

21 - 40 of 2890 Posts