Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks. As the title states, I’m having difficulty figuring out what brand rear bumper I have. I picked it up from a family who was selling it after their father had passed away. It’s new and has never been installed and it appears to have a lot if not all of the parts to assemble. What I don’t know is the brand of bumper. They claimed it was an ARB bumper but I knew right away it wasn’t. Any help would be appreciated. Here’s some pics to help. Thanks.
969579A9-206A-41C8-B37B-689520D80BE0.jpeg
7C27A048-6E0C-4A79-83FB-74407A07C0E0.jpeg

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Looks like the discontinued All-Pro Apex Rear, except for the cut-out logo. The swing outs make it a rare find!

Post some photos of inside showing the pivot attachment.

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Extra gusseting to resist deflection of swing out, which was an issue.
It is a real pain to install this bumper using all the gusset attachment to side of frame holes and keeping it aligned evenly. Self tapping metal fasteners require a lot of torque which is almost impossible to do in a space your fist won't fit in. I had to mount at center only, adjusting for even fit, mark gusset holes on frame, unmount bumper, drill and tap frame, reinstall bumper with bolts in all positions.... a real b¡tch.

If I were doing a swing out I would strongly consider welding gusset to frame. A much stronger connection with way less labor.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So yes, definitely Lucrum swing-outs. Sad about their story. The bumper does look like All-Pro but not the one All-Pro sent me instructions for. It looks identical to and All-Pro I saw on another site but the shackle mounts are integrated/welder into my bumper.

·
fka BLACK HAWK
2,399 Posts
Lucrum... pre-Facebook

1 - 8 of 8 Posts