Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a "metal plate clunking against another metal palte" sound when I turn left. I have read threads on the door latches, but it does not seem that they would sound like something loose hitting a metal plate. Or would they?

I removed the various plastic covers on the right rear interior storage box, looking for something loose. There is a large white plug facing the front, on the right inner wheel well. What is it for?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
wow, wish I could help ya but that's pretty vague. could be dam near anything. a pic of this plug might help. as for the noise, I havn't a clue bud.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
I have a "metal plate clunking against another metal palte" sound when I turn left. I have read threads on the door latches, but it does not seem that they would sound like something loose hitting a metal plate. Or would they?

I removed the various plastic covers on the right rear interior storage box, looking for something loose. There is a large white plug facing the front, on the right inner wheel well. What is it for?

Thanks
That is for the sub woofer's power and audio. It is on all FJ's whether the sub is there or not, pre-wired for it. As for the rattling, i would say get a friend to ride with you (preferably a small friend that can move around the FJ easily) and can locate the sound to it's exact location, then go from there.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both for the responses. I forgot about the sub woofer. Of course that's what it is for.

Yes. I plan to get my daughter to ride around with me to pin point the noise. It is really getting on my nerves.

·
Registered
677 Posts
of course your daughter will have her seat belt on and not moving around in the as stated earlier.just thought i'd mention it!

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
I had this same thing around the summit last year arggg! I loaded up lots of weight and it went away:rofl: NO JOKE!!

What mods do ya have on your rig would be my first question. I will bump my NOISE thread from last year too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts