Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Tough decision, eh? Saw in another post that you're not getting much for your trade in. If it was Sun Fusion I'd drive you to the dealer myself. I saw a VooDoo blue and then a Titanium on 128 today while driving to work. Man the FJ looks good crusing down the highway.

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah Stealth...I'm just not gonna give so much money to these guys...I really don't like the idea of it. I'd like to just be carefree and say "ah, f*ck it...I'll just do it".......but I really think it's against my better judgement....and I tend to be a man of practicality :D

·
Registered
120 Posts
Bostonian1976 said:
yeah Stealth...I'm just not gonna give so much money to these guys...I really don't like the idea of it. I'd like to just be carefree and say "ah, f*ck it...I'll just do it".......but I really think it's against my better judgement....and I tend to be a man of practicality :D
Know the feeling. I'm at a point where this is genuinely an 'ah...fu<k it' purchase it. Pure and simple it's my treat to myself.

But I've made those large ticket purchases and wished I'd thought it through more thoroughly. Nothing worse than that nagging feeling that makes every other little issue a catastrophic disaster.

Hang in there. Maybe a few months pass and the situation changes, then you're rolling in a MOAB Edition nose in the air passing me by on the Tobin :)

ps-think good thoughts about Woburn Toyota. I can use all the karma I can get.

·
Registered
23 Posts
StealthEldorado said:
Know the feeling. I'm at a point where this is genuinely an 'ah...fu<k it' purchase it. Pure and simple it's my treat to myself.

But I've made those large ticket purchases and wished I'd thought it through more thoroughly. Nothing worse than that nagging feeling that makes every other little issue a catastrophic disaster.

Hang in there. Maybe a few months pass and the situation changes, then you're rolling in a MOAB Edition nose in the air passing me by on the Tobin :)

ps-think good thoughts about Woburn Toyota. I can use all the karma I can get.
I'm waiting at Woburn as well. Generally, I can't stand car dealers (except my MINI dealer), so I just do the bare minimum necessary to get a deal done. I'm always willing to walk. I gave my deposit in October and now mine is supposed to be ready at the end of the month. I have to say, the information has been very slow in coming from Woburn. Info has certainly been timelier and more useful right here. They also went ahead and ordered a specific FJ for me based on an informal email I sent-but they never even confirmed with me until I showed up a few months after the fact-"oh, yeah...here it is. Yeah, we ordered that special for you. Supposed to be built this week." Of course, that could all be a line as well, but I don't care as long as I get one soon.

Last week, for the first time I mentioned a trade and they seemed amenable to checking it out. We are trading a 1995 Mercedes C280 with 150K in good condition. I'm not expecting much at all for it, so if they even come close on a price, I'll trade it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
ShipO - I've asked Woburn Toy for the build sheet and PPO codes...nothing.

I'm preparing myself for the big letdown in a few weeks. Last I heard mid-May was the delivery date for my vehicle. I'm trying to be nice to my dealer dude and give him the benefit of the doubt. But it's kinda hard when you see FJs rolling up and down 128 (o'k...just two so far) and have seen two Sun Fusions, a black, and a silver at Ira Toyota. Nobody seems to be able to let me test drive one 'cause they're all 'SOLD'. Funny all those other people put in orders, test drove their vehicle and made a deal. But I contacted the dealer 6 months ago and am still waiting for my FJ.

Uggghhhh

Crossing my fingers we're both two lucky campers sometime mid May.

·
Registered
986 Posts
StealthEldorado said:
Tough decision, eh? Saw in another post that you're not getting much for your trade in. If it was Sun Fusion I'd drive you to the dealer myself. I saw a VooDoo blue and then a Titanium on 128 today while driving to work. Man the FJ looks good crusing down the highway.
Toyota in Danbury CT has a MT6 in Sun Fusion that they are having a hard time selling. It is FQ,CQ,UR, and a few other things. Sticker is 28something

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sikocycles said:
Toyota in Danbury CT has a MT6 in Sun Fusion that they are having a hard time selling. It is FQ,CQ,UR, and a few other things. Sticker is 28something

there's your truck Stealth!! Go giddit! :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
StealthEldorado said:
ShipO - I've asked Woburn Toy for the build sheet and PPO codes...nothing.

I'm preparing myself for the big letdown in a few weeks. Last I heard mid-May was the delivery date for my vehicle. I'm trying to be nice to my dealer dude and give him the benefit of the doubt. But it's kinda hard when you see FJs rolling up and down 128 (o'k...just two so far) and have seen two Sun Fusions, a black, and a silver at Ira Toyota. Nobody seems to be able to let me test drive one 'cause they're all 'SOLD'. Funny all those other people put in orders, test drove their vehicle and made a deal. But I contacted the dealer 6 months ago and am still waiting for my FJ.

Uggghhhh

Crossing my fingers we're both two lucky campers sometime mid May.
I have little confidence in any Toyota dealer. I bypassed Ira, even though they are closer to me, because I went in to see if they knew anything about FJ availabilty and some 22 year old punk said "No, but how about a hot new Camry?" I called him a name, but the disco music was so loud in there I don't think he heard me.

I know the "list" is just a bunch of BS. But I think it at least puts the dealer in a defensive position-I pretend that the list is the be-all/end-all and never fail to remind him that he told me I was second on the list way back in October.

I actually did see the build sheets and the PPOs. This was on Friday March 31. No reason you shouldn't get to see them. They had about a dozen maybe? They were showing production dates of the week of March 24 for deliver at the end of April. They also had a black FJ that was sold to the Pearl restaurant on Nantucket that they said was the first to arrive.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Hey Stealth, go to www.boch.com. They had 11 listed as in stock. Two were MT6. I don't know what color you want but if you call around I'm sure you can get what you want. There is/are quite a few dealers in New England. I'm still in a holding pattern with Acton Toyota. I gave them $1000 in November. I'm told next month, again

1 - 11 of 11 Posts