Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Toyota FJ Cruiser has been updated with two new additions to tempt 4×4 fans into exploring their limits.

More than doubling the fuel capacity, and range, of the Toyota FJ Cruiser is a new 87-litre sub-tank. Joining the existing 72-litre main tank, the extra reserve sees total fuel capacity reach 159 litres, allowing for a range of almost 1400km based on the FJ Cruiser’s 11.4 litres per 100km combined cycle fuel economy rating.

Adding to the 4×4 ability of the Toyota FJ Cruiser is a new off-road cruise control system dubbed ‘Crawl’.

Crawl allows for ‘feet-off’ control over severe or slippery terrain and when freeing a stuck vehicle, as well as when traversing up and down steep hills or through mud, sand, gravel or water. By engaging L4 (low-range) – and temporarily disengaging at speeds above 25km/h, or above 10km/h when the rear differential is locked – Crawl automatically maintains a low uniform vehicle speed uphill and downhill by controlling both engine output and brake pressure, allowing drivers to solely concentrate on steering.

To engage the system the vehicle must be stopped with the foot brake on and parking brake off, transfer gear position in L4 and shift lever in any position except Park or Neutral, the car’s vehicle stability control system set to Normal, the second-gear start system switched off and all doors closed. A speed-selector dial on the overhead console then provides the choice of five speeds.

The part-time 4×4 Toyota FJ Cruiser is powered by a 200kW/380Nm 4.0-litre V6 petrol engine and five-speed automatic transmission, and is only available as a single specification model priced from $47,990, which includes $210 services under Toyota’s Service Advantage capped-price servicing program.

·
Premium Member
11,041 Posts
G'day And Welcome.
Makes my 2011 seem old and out dated .... the Aux fuel tank would sure come in handy,
Cheers
Baz

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
G-Day mate, Yeah the new additions are pretty good, ive been eyeing off a new FJ for a while now and with the new dual fuel tanks it just made me even keener now, hopefully ill have one im my garage some time this year..

·
Registered
655 Posts
Can anyone from Australia ask their Toyota dealers for the parts numbers necessary to install the new 87L sub-tank?

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Subtank???
WANT!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
11,041 Posts
Can anyone from Australia ask their Toyota dealers for the parts numbers necessary to install the new 87L sub-tank?

G'day FJC-4x4,
I'll check it out for you, however the part numbers used by Toyota Australia are totally different to Nth American part numbers, so not sure how much use you'll get from it.
Cheers
Baz
:cheers:

·
Premium Member
11,041 Posts
G'day Guys,
I have the parts list and exploded diagram for the aux fuel tank, its attached as a jpg, but I also have it in pdf format, so if you want it in pdf - them pm me with your email addy.
Cheers
Baz
[/IMG]

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
We are going to have to seriously put all of our brains together to figure out how to Aussie spec our gas tanks. I am so excited for the potential to have Toyota designed parts!

·
Registered
13 Posts
One of the Aus guys got his Dealer to price this up for him. He stopped when he hit $2000, and hadn't even started looking into any electrical parts or other parts required to fit it.

Going to be much cheaper to go with a Long Ranger or LRA, and you get the added benefit of a larger tank as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Have a chat to your local TJM or ARB dealer...TJM Karratha got me a 120Lt sub-tank for my 2012!! gives me close to 200lt all up and good for 1000 ish K's if I drive nicely.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I got word back from my buddy about ordering Aus parts in the US. It is difficult because US uses a 10 digit part number. When I passed him the Aus part numbers, he checked and it got nowhere. The guys here apparently don't have the ability to check international. It would probably require someone working both sides of the fence to make it happen easily. I won't say it can't be done, but I will say it most likely will be a while before we can go to the local Toyota dealer and order a kit.

Sorry for the delay. Work has kept my Internet time to a minimum.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
11,041 Posts
G'day,
The challenge will be getting the two parties working together ... and when you add up the cost .. I dare say swapping the main tank for an aftermarket tank ,and if so desired adding an Aux after market tank would give you more gallons, and be cheaper, in the long run.
Still its an interesting idea.
An after market replacement main tank at 31 gallons will cost around about $1500-1600 fitted .
Aux aftermarket are cheaper, I believe, so even if you call it $3000 all up .. I think by the time you factor just the OEM Aux tank, fitted, you'd be close to that mark if not more..
I'll ask my Toyota contact again tomorrow, if he can price up the Aux tank yet.
Cheers
Baz

1 - 20 of 36 Posts