Side bars
Navagation
16 " alloy -which suggest 16 steel for base model

Price top out just under $30,000 with everything

Average dealer allotment will be between 2-3 per month

·
Registered
132 Posts
Wait, there aren't skid plates standard with 4wd? Hell, even my Ford Explorer came with freakin skid plates. I don't want large wheels, period. Hope the aftermarket has got some designs in the works, I know that they got to see the FJ beforehand to start designing add-ons.

·
Registered
378 Posts
mpd8488 said:
Wait, there aren't skid plates standard with 4wd? Hell, even my Ford Explorer came with freakin skid plates. I don't want large wheels, period. Hope the aftermarket has got some designs in the works, I know that they got to see the FJ beforehand to start designing add-ons.

I've been under the impression that the skips are standard on the 4x4 . Am I wrong or are we just going on rumors and hunches again ???

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mpd8488 said:

My understanding there are front and back skids standard but additional metal added with the 2 package - if I remember correctly like gas tank on something else.

As for source it comes from Toyota sale trainng sheets

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
OK, I'm still in!!! I especially like the top end price. :D

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
granger said:
You wouldn't break my heart if you scanned and posted those sheets.....

Thanks again for the info
Yeah, mine neither. Scan away! We won't tell, we promise (Okay, okay but we won't tell anyone else!).

·
Registered
96 Posts
yes yes, please scan, i need this info. Ive been looking every day, five times a day for information. i want to see some confirmed options.
-Rich-

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Percy said:
Yeah, mine neither. Scan away! We won't tell, we promise (Okay, okay but we won't tell anyone else!).
I would love to but I couldn't swipe them off the desk (funny enough the person who first got iy swiped them out of the Sales trainers car - who was there for other reasons) This Midwest dealership is too doing MSRP with no add ons with 3 persons on the wait list. They are thinking it will be close to year 3 before selling any below MSRP for whats that worth.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Well, I've got news for Toyota then. If they expect any Credit Union customers to actually buy one, they will go lower than that. Most Credit Unions will ONLY loan MSRP or below. When I go to haggle for mine, my "banker" will be the one handling the final negotiated price which will be at MSRP or below. Otherwise, I will wait until I can get it below MSRP. I'm confident at least a couple of FJ buyers should have probably set their sites on an uber lux-mobile, so I can always wait and buy their lightly used FJ at a much lower price. Paying above MSRP is just plain dumb.

It's dumb, because it tells the manufacturer, "I want it NO MATTER WHAT YOU CHARGE!" We are the consumers. If we don't buy because they want above MSRP, guess what? That's right, all of the sudden it will only cost MSRP. If you don't buy it at MSRP, the price will drop at the end of the year anyway when the dealer is clearing the lot for next year's models.

The point, I guess - is just be a smart customer. Don't let the dealers take you for a ride. There is no market other than the one created by US.

Too bad about those documents, I would love to have seen them!

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
For the most partI didnt really see a whole lot more then has been discussed on forum already unless your really in the numbers. It was material for getting sales people traaning so it used mostly small words and simple concepts ( had to make a little dig at sales people) :D

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Roosterdo said:
For the most partI didnt really see a whole lot more then has been discussed on forum already unless your really in the numbers. It was material for getting sales people trains so it used a mostly small words and simple concepts ( had to make a little dig at sales people)
Sales people can be trained?! Whoa, cool. I didn't even know that was possible...

·
Registered
228 Posts
Percy said:
It's dumb, because it tells the manufacturer, "I want it NO MATTER WHAT YOU CHARGE!" We are the consumers. If we don't buy because they want above MSRP, guess what? That's right, all of the sudden it will only cost MSRP. If you don't buy it at MSRP, the price will drop at the end of the year anyway when the dealer is clearing the lot for next year's models.
Its not the manufacturer who is screwing you if the vehicle is above MSRP, it is the dealership. Let's keep that in mind.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
...and yourself. Another thing to condsider, if you drive it off the lot for X over the MSRP and total it on the way home, how much do you think your just like a neighbor insurance company is going to comepensate you for? Not even MSRP.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
...and another thing....The current results of my informal, unofficial poll of friends, family, neighbors, pedestrians, coworkers, et.al., asking if they know that Toyota is coming out with a new SUV next spring is........ZERO, nada, 0. No one I have asked has heard of it. Props to Toyota for not marketing this thing except to enthusiasts.
So don't pay over MSRP, even if you're an enthusiast and can!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Pancho said:
...and another thing....The current results of my informal, unofficial poll of friends, family, neighbors, pedestrians, coworkers, et.al., asking if they know that Toyota is coming out with a new SUV next spring is........ZERO, nada, 0. No one I have asked has heard of it. Props to Toyota for not marketing this thing except to enthusiasts.
So don't pay over MSRP, even if you're an enthusiast and can!
suggest EVERYONE tell ALL dealers that if they want to charge one penny over msrp that you will never buy any car from that dealer, not now, not this car, not any car, not ever period. tell them you will also tell all friends, co-workers, anyone and everyone that will listen to you that you recomend they never ever buy anything from this dealer at any price. then turn around and leave.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Not to offend any salesmen (like i give a **** anyway),but I am almost to the point where I want to wait and buy one off a private owner than the whole dealership experience.
The lease is almost up on my wife's car and we went to look around this weekend Is there some type of sensor that goes off once you step onto a lot ?? They came out of no where, like they were hiding in the bushes I have never had a good experience buying a car... To all of those who have, be greatful !!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
When I have my Avalon serviced, I leave it and walk home. I have to go through the parking lot of the dealership ( not the showroom). When I step onto the parking lot I count to 10. I never made it past 5 when I am accosted in the parking lot by a sales guy- even if it is 12 degrees outside. Amazing. I don't know the best way to buy one. Internet? My mother-in -law lives in Atalnta and it seems there are better deals there than in CT. I don't know.

·
Registered
35 Posts
bubbahotep said:
Not to offend any salesmen (like i give a **** anyway),but I am almost to the point where I want to wait and buy one off a private owner than the whole dealership experience.
The lease is almost up on my wife's car and we went to look around this weekend Is there some type of sensor that goes off once you step onto a lot ?? They came out of no where, like they were hiding in the bushes I have never had a good experience buying a car... To all of those who have, be greatful !!!
The best experience I ever had was based on the advice of a friend of mine that worked for Toyota. I was buying an Audi, I knew exactly what I wanted and I called every dealer in the state and got them to quote the car. Didn't talk to sales men, I talked with the desk managers. No trade, that is the kiss of death for negotiations. It limits you geographically. The other thing is do not go to the dealership. They will try to make you go in, don't. I got the contract in hand before i went to the dealer!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts