Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for upgraded door seals for my 2007 FJ. I was crossing a Mud/water hazard 2 weeks ago and flooded my interior. Door seals are what gave. Motor and running gear were fine, water was only about 6" up doors. Took me 2 weeks to clean and seal all electrical inside cab and of coarse had to get all the mud out. My old Toyota PU could handle this no problems (I have crossed this hazard many times in old PU) Any suggestions?

·
Registered
460 Posts
Have a buddy duct tape all around your doors once you're inside!

On a side note, it sure would be cool if the FJ came stock with super beefy door seals that could withstand water for, lets say 24 hours? :)

·
Registered
368 Posts
...and don't block up or seal those rear vents. Those are there to disperse pressures from inside the cabin. Example would be in the event the airbags deployed. All that pressure has to go somewhere and if you block up every nook and cranny (now I need an English muffin) , You may survive the initial impacted but then your head would implode from the crushing force of the "wave" of pressure. Just adding that imploding part to embellish the visual but your hearing may suffer, then you'll have to type all your questions and replies in upper-case and then spend the rest of your days getting yelled at by forum members that didn't seal up their vents.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts