Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great forum! I have searched and found many mods that I'll do as time allows, but I need to upgrade my stock 400/100 Watt inverter. I burned it up and want to replace it with a 1000W or 1500W inverter mounted in or near the location of the original and utilize the on/off switch I already have.

I am looking for help with wiring for power and the switch (use existing or run new).

I want to use the stock 110V outlet in back and add another up front.

All help is welcome.

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
8,997 Posts
In the same location it would be difficult. Probably not enough room to install it. besides the wiring would not work. You need to run something heavier, to install a more powerful inverter. I have a 1000 watt inverter that is slightly larger than the space available so I have a custom mount. My situation is completely different than yours. May be under the seat would work if you took dimensions of a new inverter you are eyeing.
I will actually be upgrading from the 1000 watt to a 2000 watt, so I can run my Keurig coffee maker. I think it takes 1700 watts at peak, but can brew me a cup in about 60 seconds from on, until sipping.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Wikid. So if I choose another location and run the better wire, is there a way to use the original switch on the dash?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts