Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you may have noticed we have been doing some upgrades on the forum to increase the functionality of the site and improve your stay here.

Some of the notable upgrades include:

1. Arcade - You will see a link in the Navbar up top, or click here:

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/arcade.php

2. Active Topics - The active topics page has been changed to improve functionality as well, we hope you like the new version better.

3. Direct link to users photo gallery -- If you click on someones username in a thread, one of the menu items will take you directly to their photo gallery.

Please let us know if you run into any problems.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Sounds nice. Thank you. Can we break it up even more? A section for aftermarket, dealer inquiries... can we combine threads, taking out dialogue and creating single post pages with nothing more than the facts that cannot be responded to? Like a reference page. If you want, I will try to start putting together some documents that could be posted maybe as a 1st read. That way conversation and discussion won't be 20 posts of seniors responding to the same question over and over and over again. I think it would cut down on new threads that are a rehash of the SAME information all over again.

If you want a logo on the pages, send me one in EPS format to [email protected] and I will email some pages back to you some time next week with information broken down. Whatever format you want them in.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We can create an FAQ section where we move threads that have good information and only "admins" can post to those threads... I'm trying to think of a good way to store this information "on" the forums so its always easily accesible.

·
Registered
258 Posts
thanks man...just in case we needed an excuse to spend even more time on our favorite site.

the games are awesome

·
Registered
64 Posts
Given the low vehicle cost and a ton of aftermarket parts coming out, I see the need for a DIY/How-to section coming for those who like to do their own work.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
ekool said:
As you may have noticed we have been doing some upgrades on the forum to increase the functionality of the site and improve your stay here.

Some of the notable upgrades include:

1. Arcade - You will see a link in the Navbar up top, or click here:

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/arcade.php

2. Active Topics - The active topics page has been changed to improve functionality as well, we hope you like the new version better.

3. Direct link to users photo gallery -- If you click on someones username in a thread, one of the menu items will take you directly to their photo gallery.

Please let us know if you run into any problems.

GREAT WORK EKOOL!!!!!!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Some suggestisons:

* The front page get toned down a bit? More like arstechnica, or something, compressing the content and maybe moving the message off of it entirely.

* The graphics up top... Kinda busy.

I appreciate all the work you've put into this place ekool, so don't take the suggestions the wrong way. I'm just letting my repressed homo web-designer out for a bit.

Cheers,
prat

·
Registered
51 Posts
I use Firefox as my normal browser and everything worked pretty well on this site before. Since you've upgraded the site, some of the buttons don't work and I've had problems posting messages using the editor. (Quick reply button doesn't work. Formatting of messages hosed up. Many of the buttons in the advanced editor don't work. Etc...) I can use IE to access this site, but if you get a chance to address the compatability issues at some point in the future, it would be nice.

Thanks.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ramblin Wreck said:
I use Firefox as my normal browser and everything worked pretty well on this site before. Since you've upgraded the site, some of the buttons don't work and I've had problems posting messages using the editor. (Quick reply button doesn't work. Formatting of messages hosed up. Many of the buttons in the advanced editor don't work. Etc...) I can use IE to access this site, but if you get a chance to address the compatability issues at some point in the future, it would be nice.

Thanks.
Ramblin,

I do all my development on a mac, so I am forced to use firefox and safari to test sites. I do 99% of my work on Firefox as a test basis and all the site functions work for me.

Perhaps doing a "hard refresh" of the site might clear up some problems? Try holding down shift and clicking the refresh button and seeing if that makes a difference...

·
Registered
51 Posts
ekool said:
Perhaps doing a "hard refresh" of the site might clear up some problems? Try holding down shift and clicking the refresh button and seeing if that makes a difference...
That "hard refresh" seems to have worked wonders. :) Thanks! I'll have to remember that for other sites.

·
Registered
151 Posts
dogbert said:
... there is too much new stuff.
Isn't it a good thing? IMO, it shows the forum is alive unlike that "oldest FJ forum" on Yahoo that someone mentioned before.
But I agree with Percy that some Docs/Stats thread with ability to reference it would be usefull and would cut down repetitive info in other threads

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
dogbert said:
I could go with a way to ignore a thread. If I don't check 5 times a day, there is too much new stuff.
You can always 'unsubscribe' from any thread that you are currently subscribed too. Thats about the only way.

·
Registered
295 Posts
goleafs said:
I agree with Percy that some Docs/Stats thread with ability to reference it would be usefull and would cut down repetitive info in other threads
I third the motion. I will need to access the information again someday and I'd like to know it was consolidated in one location like an encyclopedia or as it seems to be around here - Gospel.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Preach on Brother...

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
How about a more robust search engine? I still get nothing when I search on TRD, but if I search on turd I get four threads found.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts