Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Upgrading this weekend

1K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  CARDFANCIER 
#1 ·
2011 fj up grading to toytec 25 boss alums series2.5 3” frt 2” rear kit , diff drop, re-locate sway bar brkts, rear bump stop. Jba heavy duty uca’s, powerstop trl/tow brakes, calipers, and rotors. Mickey Thompson 285 70 17 atzp3. My question is,I finally found a wheel I like, dirty life 17x9 backspace 4.53 offset -12 I’m not worried about rubbing, I’m worried about how far they will stick out. Have not purchased the wheels and tires yet, as I’m not confident they will give me the look I’m wanting. If they stick out an inch or less I’m ok, any more than that, not so much. Any advice? Ps 2011 bought new, 41k trying to upgrade to give to grandson in about five years ?

#2 ·
Stock wheel = 4.84" backspace with 7.5" width.

This wheel with 4.53" backspace and 9" width will stickout another 0.21" (4.84"-4.43") + 1.5" (9.0-7.5") for a total of 1.71" That is for the edge of the wheel rim. There will be some variance with regard to tire bulge/tire shoulder.

#12 ·
Ok settled on a wheel 17x9. Dirty life?
Now tires Mickey, nitto, cooper, BFF etc.. best quality for the money. You know that tire that’s made of gold and will last as long as I want? no really, all the tire stores brag on their tires, I don’t blame them , they need to make a living. Just wondering what you guys think? Weekend warrior.

#13 ·
Lift done , wheel picked out. Tires 33’s 34??? What issues will 34’s bring BFGoodrich, Mickey Thompson’s, Nittos, Tokyo’s, Coopers ????? I’m closer than I was a week ago ? I guess it’s a good struggle to have. I may now be leaning on a stronger tire to hold up in Moab, maybe Bfg? 2857517??

Attachments

#16 ·
I like them a lot it pushed the frt up almost four inches without adjusting, I thought I’d still be low in the frt, but I’m an inch high now I’m going to drop it back down to level it back up after wheels arrive. Been waiting 3 weeks, put the tires on anyway I couldn’t wait? discount tire said they would swap for free. Can’t beat that! Here is a photo.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.