Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Vendor
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had a significant set back when our supplier of the advanced engine management systems without warning was no long able to supply us with the units.

This problem has been solved. URD is now using the UCON Flex from iTronix Technologies and it is even better than what it replaced. It has exceptional control of the very large fuel injectors used in the URD kit and has a no compromise OEM like drivability under all conditions.

Back in stock and better than ever!!

Underdog Racing Development

We are also working very hard and aggressively on the new system for the 2010 and later trucks!!!

Gadget

·
Vendor
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We are going to fill the long back order list for complete supercharger kits first. Once that is done and the dust clears we will make the UCON available for other applications.

I expect it to be in the same price range as the discontinued X-1.

G

·
Registered
108 Posts
We had a significant set back when our supplier of the advanced engine management systems without warning was no long able to supply us with the units.

This problem has been solved. URD is now using the UCON Flex from iTronix Technologies and it is even better than what it replaced. It has exceptional control of the very large fuel injectors used in the URD kit and has a no compromise OEM like drivability under all conditions.

Back in stock and better than ever!!

Underdog Racing Development

We are also working very hard and aggressively on the new system for the 2010 and later trucks!!!

Gadget
Great news! I know what I'm getting next Spring!

·
Premium Member
9,302 Posts
So, is this going to void my warranty? Hahaha.

·
Banned
6,079 Posts
No longer torn between TRD and URD. I'm going to combine them and call it a TURD.

No, seriously, that's great news. I'm down with the URD design. Looking forward to pulling that trigger.

·
Vendor
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The Mk3 and the newer 2010+ system that is in development can be CARB approved.

We may look into it for the 2010+ system more seriously, but in the past it is just to expensive for the number of kits we are shipping and to amortize that cost over the number of kits would make the kit price to high.

We do have a connection with the folks that do most of the CARB testing in California. We used to be in the building and shared their machine shop. My former business partners father in law owns the building they are in so maybe we can work a discount...

G

·
Registered
42 Posts
Gadget, I am happy to hear the news of your new release. I recently installed your Split Second MAF tingy on my FJ. I am not sure I notice much any difference in the performance. In fact, I just took part in a Total Oil Company sponsored Dune race yesterday in Lagos. There were other SUVs like Mercedes Benz G series, Land Rover LR3s, Range Rover among others. The good news is that First and Second positions were shared by my friend and myself. Both of us with FJ Cruisers. Our trucks made up proud to the admiration of others. Mind you, I have ICON stage 4, TRD CAI, TRD Catback, Jounce Bump Stopper et al. I want my FJ not to feel the weight at all.

I was seriously looking at your Supercharger, but since my FJ is not in the US, I am scared of it not being done right, so I have been looking for alternative ways to get more power. My truck is heavy because I have FabFours in front and back with Ramsey 9000 Winch.

Now my question is this, When your UCON comes out, will it give me more of what I want or do you think I can install your Supercharger with minimal to problems at all on my 07 FJ that already has you MAF calibrator installed? Talk to me. Thanks

·
Premium Member
377 Posts

Gadget
Trigger finger twitching in excitement... just say when... say it! SAY IT!!!! Giggidy.

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
2010... hmmmmmmm

·
Premium Member
13,321 Posts
^^^ What he said.

Lots of us 2010, 11 and now 12's looking to make our bricks faster (more torque while crawling too)

-OC

·
Registered
349 Posts
Any further news on Superchargers for the 2010+.......?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
1 - 20 of 42 Posts