Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have looked in other threads and cant find anything in here on this product. Does anyone have the URD True Cold Air Intake? If so what is your opinion of this product? Any feedback is appreciated.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<<<bump>>>

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
s#@t, I musta missed that. Damn. I was diggin that idea of the intake actually getting cold air. I guess Im stuck with the k&n then

·
Registered
42 Posts
ummmm the TRD intake is cold air. It grabs air from outside your engine vs inside the engine bay. The stock intake set-up is cold air, just not efficient cold air.

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
As well is the AFE which makes the TRD CAI. But if you want the best air for the buck install a snorkle. Even with the stock filter intake you will be sucking in 2 to 4 degrees over ambient temp. I got both and love it, the TRD CAI for the filter and the sound, and the snork for colder cleaner air and deep water insurance.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Um, yeah, if I cut into the side of the FJ the wife would kill me......LOL
I already have k&n FIPK, I just liked the concept of the URD placement where it could get more direct air, as opposed to the air from inside the engine compartment. Also the K&N seems like it would be restrictive with all the bends it has vs. a straighter tube. I may go TRD for just that reason........ or maybe not.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts