Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
37x12.5 KO2
SCS 17.5 Wheels

is it safe to put this on rear door. It doesnt fit, but was told one option is to rotate 180 stock carrier or purchase spacer. Again, looking for safe option to keep tire at rear. Have had different opinions.

bumper upgrade is not an option. Please advise.

·
Registered
4,041 Posts
A lot of big tire guys just flip the tire carrier upside down and it will clear the bumper. I wheel spacer works also but they cost money ….your choice :)

·
Premium Member
7,346 Posts
Not sure how this is urgent but ok.

I have had a 37" tire on for a few months now. I'm using the warrior spare tire spacer. Not 100% sure it will allow you to fit a 37" tire with the stock rear bumper but it works for me with my custom bumper. I can still open the rear hatch glass a few inches.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for everyone’s response. It seems like spacer and flipping the carrier is the way to go. However, my concern is more about the safety of using one of these two methods with large 37x12.5 KO2 tire. Some people have informed me it may rip/crack my door etc. Not sure how likely this is but want to see if anyone has had any issues.

urgent because December is the only time I can make any modifications. Factoring the limited days my local shops are open during month as well as shipping products to Canada.

Not sure how this is urgent but ok.

I have had a 37" tire on for a few months now. I'm using the warrior spare tire spacer. Not 100% sure it will allow you to fit a 37" tire with the stock rear bumper but it works for me with my custom bumper. I can still open the rear hatch glass a few inches.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts