Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any insight on market prices for used 2010 Trail Team Editions? I am looking at one non-certified with 900 miles all the options roof rack etc for about $31400 OTD. Debating if I should go this route or go brand new and save $1000

·
Registered
111 Posts
It depends on what the 900 miles came from. sometimes the dealer uses them as "errand cars."
IMHO the TT's are nice but if you're looking to do mods it's better to get the bare bones and build up from there. Or atleast that is what I've learned from this awesome forum. Plus the 2011's have a few things the past years don't (none come to mind at the moment....EDIT: fold-down rear headrests which is much more convenient than the ones you have to remove to fold the seats down)

Happy Hunting:rocker:

·
Registered
305 Posts
If you decide on the barely used one have the dealer make it certified. It will increase your warranty tremedously. I did so on mine with 676 miles on it. It was a manufacturer reps vehicle. I pd $600 for the certied, in hindsite I should have talked them down, they did none of the work that was required to make it certfied because of the low mileage. I still bought mine $3500 below MSR for a 2009 with similiar packages even with the $600 added on. The saleman & my wife told me my offer was rediculas & the manager would not take it. I offered $4000 below. They were both surprised. My point is you won't get if you don't ask, you still may not get it but you can walk away when it is all over knowing you asked.

·
Registered
111 Posts
dsbike, where did you buy from? I got mine at Toyota Scion of Concord.

·
Registered
47 Posts
AAE:

Are you saying that you will save $1,000 if you buy a 2011? Or is that a typo in your first sentence? If the sentence is correct, will you be satisfied with a 2011 that wouldn't have as many options as a 2010TT? Like others have said, if you are purchasing from a Toyota dealer you should really try to get it Toyota Certified.

Note to NCSUpackFJ: The rear seat headrests in the 2011 still must be removed to fold the rear seats flat. The change is that the new headrests flip forward (out of line of vision) versus the previous design which pushed down into the seat. The center rear headrest in the 2011 is the same as in previous years...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
By brand new I mean a new 2010 non-TT version that a dealer is looking to clear out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts