Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
just to add some discutssion to the oil range difference between U.S. and european cars. I googled 15w-50 and europe vs U.S. and found this board the guys are talking about how the same car and same specs same everything one can be in the U.S. and one in the europe area they totally use different oil specs even the dealerships do it. In Uk they use a 10W-60 and in the U.S. same car the dealership tells them 5W-30.......

Odd and why they do this? I wonder what provides better protection if thats the case? it seems it all stems back to the U.S. government and EPA blahh...blahh..blah.....or maybe U.S. are just consumers and we buy cars every 4 years anyways so it dont matter what oil we put in the car cause government knows we will buy new cars anyways before it dies.

Anyone else here using Mobil 1 Motorsport 15W-50 oil (UK members in particular)? - The Unofficial BMW M5 Messageboard (m5board.com)
Well as a US soldier stationed in Germany, I've been running synthtec and heavier weight due to the auto bon. Its alot of high speed prolonged driving and sometimes stop and go. I usually keep my FJ between 90 to 105mph sometimes Ive had it up around 115 for an hour but don't like the wear I put on the transmission doing that.

·
Registered
154 Posts
back 20- 25 years ago we ran 15w40 and 20w50 in our street bikes most of which were air cooled 1000cc inline 4 engines, suzukis, kawasakis, and the like , we had zero problems due to oil issues, i myself would run a good synthetic 15w40 but its hard to find that grade in a synthetic around here:rocker:

41 - 43 of 43 Posts