Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ordered H4 white/blue bulbs installed them seemed a little bright read the packaging and they are 90/100 bulbs.

So now I drive around at night in town with just the daylight running lights then use low beam out of town and highs melt paint on cars.

Question I have is will lthis type of bulb destroy the wiring, amp meter looks fine and the wiring is not hot and the company says they do not wreck factory wiring.

Thoughts anyone.

Thanks

Randy

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
Ordered H4 white/blue bulbs installed them seemed a little bright read the packaging and they are 90/100 bulbs.

So now I drive around at night in town with just the daylight running lights then use low beam out of town and highs melt paint on cars.

Question I have is will lthis type of bulb destroy the wiring, amp meter looks fine and the wiring is not hot and the company says they do not wreck factory wiring.

Thoughts anyone.

Thanks

Randy
If they actually are drawing 90w low and 100w high, they will eventually stress the wiring, and likely damage the light reflector over time from generating almost double the heat of a factory bulb. Most newer technology bulbs use different gas mixtures and filaments to generate a higher output without drawing more electricity. Bulbs, such as PIAA Xtreme White Plus H4 bulbs, will put out more light than a 90/100 bulb, while drawing the same current as a factory 55/60 bulb...:rocker:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts