Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked for an answer to this on the forums so if it's out there I apologize but I didn't see it.

I'm debating getting a Hi-Lift jack. I'm running a 2010 TT and not really sure the rock sliders stick out enough for a Hi-Lift jack to get under them without the main part of the jack hitting up against the side of the vehicle.

Just wondering if anyone here has used a HI-LIft hack with these rails? I know Hi-Jack has an adapter for the lift to give it a curve to fit a rail but still not sure if it'll work for me.

Thanks in advance for your two cents.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Perfect, Thanks!

I never thought about opening the doors.

I think I may just grab someone who has one next time I'm out and see if they mind me "using it" just to see how risky it is. I'm not 100% sold on the lift it by the hitch method, in fact far from it and I don't think I'd do that unless I really had to.

Thanks for the link I'm still debating it, but not so sure it's right for me... until I get that front end I want. ;)

Thanks again

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
Perfect, Thanks!

I never thought about opening the doors.

I think I may just grab someone who has one next time I'm out and see if they mind me "using it" just to see how risky it is. I'm not 100% sold on the lift it by the hitch method, in fact far from it and I don't think I'd do that unless I really had to.

Thanks for the link I'm still debating it, but not so sure it's right for me... until I get that front end I want. ;)

Thanks again
My pleasure.

You are right to be leary of the 'lift it by the hitch method', it is risky and unstable. But it has it's place. Get with some local wheelers familiar with it's use and get some practice. And DO take good care of your lift mechinism: clean and lubricated is key.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts