Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I purchased my FJ I knew I would do my own audio system so I went with the six speaker set up from Toyota. Well now it is time. I have searched the forums, but there is way too many posts to week through to find my answer.

Right now I have the dash, door, and headliner speakers. My question is if I buy a pig tail the plugs into the factory harness will the rear pillar speaker wires be hot and ready for speakers?

Also if I plug directly into the Toyota harness will the sub speaker wires be hot and ready to go. I could of course purchase the Sub switch.

Last but not least is there a hot power supply located in the rear where the sub goes?

As you can tell I am not a pro at audio by any means so any help will do. I am not looking to go real big with this, but I like nice above average sound.

·
Registered
514 Posts
hey, from experiance i can tell you all the wiring is there for the factory 9 speaker set up. there has to be a hot lead somewhere in the subwoofer harness as it has a powered amp in it. there may be and always hot and or an ignition on hot, you might need the sub switch though. pop the covers off in the back and the conectors are rite there. good luck

scotty

·
Registered
570 Posts
There is an "always hot wire" in the sub-connector plug (I forget the color at the moment), it comes directly from the 20A Radio #2 fuse. These is also a "switch" wire that runs from the sub-switch connector to the sub connector (puple wire).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts